Sierra Tailgate

1 hour ago, Banshee8732 said:

Does the Multi Pro tailgate on the Sierra have power up and down?  I see the new Silverado has an available power closing tailgate.  I can't find anything about the Sierra.  It seems strange not pairing power up and down with the Multi Pro tailgate.

No. That option is only available on the Silverado LTZ and High Country, not the Sierra.

2 hours ago, z1boss said:

No. That option is only available on the Silverado LTZ and High Country, not the Sierra.

Is this correct? I thought if you delete the multi pro you get the power tailgate? But yes the multipro is not power, I was also shocked when the chevy had power but the Denali did not

I would imagine there is not a lot of room to fit the powered tailgate parts inside the multipro tailgate as it has about 16 hinges and clasps due to its many configurations. Easy to jam that equipment in a normal tailgate, hard to jam it in a swiss army knife tailgate.  

Does the Multi Pro tailgate on the Sierra have power up and down?  I see the new Silverado has an available power closing tailgate.  I can't find anything about the Sierra.  It seems strange not pairing power up and down with the Multi Pro tailgate.

Just another gimmick to sell trucks. I wonder how much that tailgate costs if it’s damaged. Probably thousands. Plus, what kinda man can’t bother to lift their own tailgate lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, GMCsierra06 said:

Just another gimmick to sell trucks. I wonder how much that tailgate costs if it’s damaged. Probably thousands. Plus, what kinda man can’t bother to lift their own tailgate lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gimmick or not it’s all overall functionality. The tailgate and bumper step is now a staple for gm trucks.  Are you sure the new gate is thousands ? Man jokes ? Damn. You got me. Any man who uses the tailgate is not a man. Cmon bro. Gm called the ford tailgate step a man step and now look at theirs ? It’s all about options. 

15 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

Gimmick or not it’s all overall functionality. The tailgate and bumper step is now a staple for gm trucks.  Are you sure the new gate is thousands ? Man jokes ? Damn. You got me. Any man who uses the tailgate is not a man. Cmon bro. Gm called the ford tailgate step a man step and now look at theirs ? It’s all about options. 

Thousands, yes for sure. I replaced the tailgate on my '17 Chevy Silverado and it was close to $2k. (tailgate, paint, install etc). I'll pass on the new Sierra tailgate.

Edited by gmissed