Rear window leak

Demon

12 minutes ago, Centrebaseball said:

Interesting because 43R-00072 is what I have in my window right now as a replacement

Sorry I had them reversed, I edited the post. My new window is 43R-000072  Same as yours. Is your new window leak free so far?

37 minutes ago, Jamie73 said:

Sorry I had them reversed, I edited the post. My new window is 43R-000072  Same as yours. Is your new window leak free so far?

so far leak free - just had a raging 8 hr rain yesterday so i'm hopeful that this will be the end of discussion. I have been assured as such. But honestly, I was leak free with the other ones for 6 months so we will see if this one lasts that long too. I can't really tell much difference from the inside to see if they beefed anything up or not. 

39 minutes ago, Tomtom87 said:

Could these numbers on the window be lot numbers rather than model numbers? My window that is currently leaking has different numbers than the ones posted in this thread.

296F584B-710E-4522-B625-7DAAF1EC593C.jpeg

That is a Vitro window (different manufacture). Both of my windows were FAYUO. I don't know if anyone on this thread can explain the difference between the two manufacturer companies. I suspect they started with one, changed suppliers, and then changed part numbers again. But who knows??

I just know the most up to date part number they are telling me is FAYUO 43R-000072 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Centrebaseball said:

That is a Vitro window (different manufacture). Both of my windows were FAYUO. I don't know if anyone on this thread can explain the difference between the two manufacturer companies. I suspect they started with one, changed suppliers, and then changed part numbers again. But who knows??

I just know the most up to date part number they are telling me is FAYUO 43R-000072 

Thank you for the clarification. Im interested to know what the possible changes/differences are as well

On 2/6/2020 at 4:45 PM, econometrics said:

I owned my 2/2019 build RST for 8 months before it started leaking. It sat through intense spring rainfall here in North TX, and went through the automatic car wash 5-7 times at least without leaking. Then, one day when it was just a slow, steady rain, I first noticed it. 

As I've said many times in this thread, it's not a matter of IF, but when. Just keep your eye out. You don't have to break your neck watching for it, but check from time to time. ?? 

Yeah I'll keep my eye out for sure, like others have said it's just strange they can't come up with a permanent fix. My last Silverado had the shake so bad, which is what made me trade it in after 4 years. I really hope this one doesn't have another problem that can't seem to be fixed as well.

• Like 1

I am trading in my travel trailer for a new bigger one in two weeks. So I will be hooking up a 5,000 lb trailer and jackknifing it up my steep driveway in reverse probably multiple times to get the right angle. This should put an incredible amount of flex and twist in the frame and cab of my truck. I will then head straight to the carwash to see if my brand new window suddenly starts leaking

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Crazy question...has anyone else considered changing the rear window to solid glass?  I have the thought in my head because 1) It seems inevitable that it WILL leak and I don't want the dealership's hands on my headliner, spoiler, trim, etc. and 2) I never wanted the option but convenience group II had other stuff I wanted.  

• Like 1

Crazy question...has anyone else considered changing the rear window to solid glass?  I have the thought in my head because 1) It seems inevitable that it WILL leak and I don't want the dealership's hands on my headliner, spoiler, trim, etc. and 2) I never wanted the option but convenience group II had other stuff I wanted.  

No. That would be dumb. Just buy a can of as seen on TV flex seal and sleep like a baby.469464b210b1ae28d7f0e354d4155037.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

Haven’t been following along too close here lately, other than seeing more and more guys joining the leak club unfortunately. Just thought that I would do an update on my truck and window. The truck is still bone dry. I guess it’s been around 4-5 months since they replaced the entire window. It rains a ton where I live and I’ve pressure washed it several times, even had a little snow. No drips, no leaks, so far so good. My window part number is FAYUO 43R-000072.

Edited by WWIII
  • Like 1

This is from a Facebook post, just curious if there’s any relation

“Related: today I took my 19 LTZ for the brake, etc recalls. Shootin the $hit with the service writer and he asks how is everything. I say great other than the leak they fixed. He said they are seeing lots “with the antenna leak”. Huh? He said only a few with the window but more with the antenna. News to me.”

So if they know about a problem with the shark fin leaking , all these window replacement might be in vain, couldnt the water run down a channel or along a rail, and drip out down back window or back of headliner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, disneybaker said:

This is from a Facebook post, just curious if there’s any relation

“Related: today I took my 19 LTZ for the brake, etc recalls. Shootin the $hit with the service writer and he asks how is everything. I say great other than the leak they fixed. He said they are seeing lots “with the antenna leak”. Huh? He said only a few with the window but more with the antenna. News to me.”

So if they know about a problem with the shark fin leaking , all these window replacement might be in vain, couldnt the water run down a channel or along a rail, and drip out down back window or back of headliner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shark fin was a big source of leaks on the previous generation trucks, but when it did leak, it would be wet exactly where you’d expect it. Front half of the headliner, up to and near the A-pillar. 

Hard to dispute on the T1s that the window (and cab spoiler to a lesser extent) is causing the leak. Especially when the cracks in the window frame are plainly visible and the leak goes away when you caulk them.

• Like 1