Rear window leak

Demon

Well, I wish good news. Ha! Had rear window leak repaired with clear silicone beads-3 of them at 8k and now at 8980 miles window is leaking again... so done with this truck. Hopefully my buyout will be approved by EOW. This is not just not because of window leaking, many more issues..

3e2d4adc4ced51cc4731c5b8bf19deb0.jpg

92475af2dab464e28283b569dc733c40.jpg

054124cbfb613e17c0176d8d92c992a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

The shark fin was a big source of leaks on the previous generation trucks, but when it did leak, it would be wet exactly where you’d expect it. Front half of the headliner, up to and near the A-pillar. 

Hard to dispute on the T1s that the window (and cab spoiler to a lesser extent) is causing the leak. Especially when the cracks in the window frame are plainly visible and the leak goes away when you caulk them.

Yeah, I don’t buy the shark fin cause of the rear window leak at all. Sounds like Chevy dealer intergalactic logic to me. 

13 hours ago, gmdog2 said:

Well, I wish good news. Ha! Had rear window leak repaired with clear silicone beads-3 of them at 8k and now at 8980 miles window is leaking again... so done with this truck. Hopefully my buyout will be approved by EOW. This is not just not because of window leaking, many more issues..

3e2d4adc4ced51cc4731c5b8bf19deb0.jpg

92475af2dab464e28283b569dc733c40.jpg

054124cbfb613e17c0176d8d92c992a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just lost for words that any shop would call that an acceptable fix let alone a gm dealership and this on a brand new truck.  Shame on the technicians and service manager for even handing back the keys like that, really i have to ask because i know we have some gm techs on this website but really how do you even stomach tsb's telling you to do @##@ work like this?

I will preface this with my truck is currently at the dealer for this but was wondering, has anyone tried to remedy this themselves with the sealant? I thought about buying the Kent sealant in the TSB and getting a 90 degree caulk tip and trying to seal it where it's leaking myself. Mine is in two very small spots, no headliner damage. Rather than having the techs destroy the headliner and introduce more leaks through the spoiler. 

I took it in just because I would rather have them not try to tell my that by doing it myself they won't cover it under warranty, but was curious regardless. 

9 minutes ago, hotrodz37 said:

I will preface this with my truck is currently at the dealer for this but was wondering, has anyone tried to remedy this themselves with the sealant? I thought about buying the Kent sealant in the TSB and getting a 90 degree caulk tip and trying to seal it where it's leaking myself. Mine is in two very small spots, no headliner damage. Rather than having the techs destroy the headliner and introduce more leaks through the spoiler. 

I took it in just because I would rather have them not try to tell my that by doing it myself they won't cover it under warranty, but was curious regardless. 

Yeah i would almost guarantee you that if they found out you had touched it they would void any future claims regarding that issue. I would agree with you to not take that chance.

• Like 1

Just picked up my truck, and from what i can see, looks like the dealer/window installer did a good job. Headliner and trim pieces look good.

The part number of my new window is the FAYUO 43R-000072. The same that other members have received.

So time will tell if this window leaks as well and as always will keep everyone posted

• Like 1

Went in today for them to replace the two pillar panels that got scratched to hell. Looks back to new. Also had them fix the middle seat belt anchor the first tech twisted up into a knot. They also did the second brake BCM reflash recall to fix the bad one applied in December. Truck almost feels whole again. But I'm having PTSD waiting to see if the replacement window will leak or not. 

• Like 1

Looks like my adventure has started back up. We have had a lot of rain the past couple of days. I checked on my window which was replaced last week. I could not see any evidence of it leaking. Everything looked good. Just out of curiosity I decided to check under the carpet just inside the rear door on the drivers side. The first place I had discovered wet carpet a couple of months ago.  And guess what? It is wet. So call to the dealership and call to GMC. I'll keep you guys posted. Dammit!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jamie73 said:

Looks like my adventure has started back up. We have had a lot of rain the past couple of days. I checked on my window which was replaced last week. I could not see any evidence of it leaking. Everything looked good. Just out of curiosity I decided to check under the carpet just inside the rear door on the drivers side. The first place I had discovered wet carpet a couple of months ago.  And guess what? It is wet. So call to the dealership and call to GMC. I'll keep you guys posted. Dammit!

Part number of your “new” window?

6 minutes ago, Jamie73 said:

Wow .... I'm so sorry!!!!    Please keep us updated.  I"m nervous to get mine this week.  I'm going to check the carpet and look for rust like others have stated.  

Thanks for the info! 

31 minutes ago, Dali555 said:

Part number of your “new” window?

The same number others have been posting on their new windows.43R-000072. I just did further research and found a little water in the track that the window slides in. Nice!