Rear window leak

Demon

Ok guys. Have gotten my dealership owners cell number and called and received a call back. Explained everything I could remember to him and he said it was totally unacceptable and he was putting his best people on it. So at 5 to 5 this evening I get a text that my headliner is now delivered and they are starting now. The window will be replaced tomorrow morning. 

• Like 1

On TFL trucks YouTube video of their trail boss, I commented to check for leaks occasionally in the back. Idk if they read those but I'm sure if they get a leak they will surely let everyone know. Theirs is a 2020 but I think some of those are leaking as well. 

• Like 1

On TFL trucks YouTube video of their trail boss, I commented to check for leaks occasionally in the back. Idk if they read those but I'm sure if they get a leak they will surely let everyone know. Theirs is a 2020 but I think some of those are leaking as well. 

Yes they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have read through so many posts on this topic, most people arent posting the type of rear window they have.  Are folks with the fixed rear window experiencing same issues?  I could care less about the sliding rear window will really never use it.  Wondering if I should just have it replaced with a fixed glass unit.

Edited by Ethan Fernaays

4 minutes ago, Ethan Fernaays said:

I have read through so many posts on this topic, most people arent posting the type of rear window they have.  Are folks with the fixed rear window experiencing same issues?  I could care less about the sliding rear window will really never use it.  Wondering if I should just have it replaced with a fixed glass unit.

Don't do that. You'll kill your resell value. 

2 minutes ago, Ethan Fernaays said:

It’s always the sliders. But if yours doesn’t presently leak, I wouldn’t have it pulled out and replaced because you’re just inviting new damaged parts, shoddy work, and maybe a spoiler leak in the end anyway. Not to mention denial of warranty on anything pertaining to future leaks.

I know a lot of people here have had an awful experience with their window leaks/ replacement but it’s really, truly not that bad if it does happen and you have a decent dealer helping you.

Is it a widespread problem? Yes. Is it the end of the world? Not really. Wasn’t for me. I’m just frustrated that GM still hasn’t really addressed it in the trucks rolling off the line now. That’s the worst of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, OnTheReel said:

It’s always the sliders. But if yours doesn’t presently leak, I wouldn’t have it pulled out and replaced because you’re just inviting new damaged parts, shoddy work, and maybe a spoiler leak in the end anyway. Not to mention denial of warranty on anything pertaining to future leaks.

I know a lot of people here have had an awful experience with their window leaks/ replacement but it’s really, truly not that bad if it does happen and you have a decent dealer helping you.

Is it a widespread problem? Yes. Is it the end of the world? Not really. Wasn’t for me. I’m just frustrated that GM still hasn’t really addressed it in the trucks rolling off the line now. That’s the worst of it.

mine is leaking.  just got the seal fix and its still leaking.  there is a visible crack in the plastic.  Going to take it back tomorrow.  Hearing that even the replacement sliders they are putting in are failing too thats why im concernes.  I simply just want this to be done,  i dont think a fixed window will kill reseale value, its still a High Country with a 6 2 and almost every option available,  but i could be wrong but when trading in, i doubt that would even be noticed.  The fact is i love this truck other than the leak.  

7 minutes ago, Ethan Fernaays said:

mine is leaking.  just got the seal fix and its still leaking.  there is a visible crack in the plastic.  Going to take it back tomorrow.  Hearing that even the replacement sliders they are putting in are failing too thats why im concernes.  I simply just want this to be done,  i dont think a fixed window will kill reseale value, its still a High Country with a 6 2 and almost every option available,  but i could be wrong but when trading in, i doubt that would even be noticed.  The fact is i love this truck other than the leak.  

That’s exactly what I would want to do if mine were to develop a leak. Seems like It’s the best solution. Why put another slider in if it’s the same one bound to crack again 

1 minute ago, Rfg14silverado said:

That’s exactly what I would want to do if mine were to develop a leak. Seems like It’s the best solution. Why put another slider in if it’s the same one bound to crack again 

Agreed would be just my luck that the replacement would begin leaking at 36001 miles

4 hours ago, Ethan Fernaays said:

Just got my truck back from the seal "fix" and guess what.... it still leaks..... back to the dealership tomorrow 

Sorry. Welcome to the club. It’s like applying for a loan. “Did you get your window resealed? If yes, continue to next step.” 

Very few of us have had the sealant application stop the leak. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pastusak.t said:

Haven’t seen this answer so sorry if it’s been asked but is this problem isolated to the 1500 or are people having problems with the new 2500/3500 too?

There was at least one 2020 HD in here. Probably 30 pages ago at this point but I distinctly remember it.

4 minutes ago, econometrics said:

Sorry. Welcome to the club. It’s like applying for a loan. “Did you get your window resealed? If yes, continue to next step.” 

Very few of us have had the sealant application stop the leak. 

Did u get a replacement window?  has your leak been resolved?