Rear window leak

Demon

4 minutes ago, Tomtom87 said:

So it seems now that the real source of the leak are these spoiler bolts that are not properly sealed with the sealant? So water passes through them and soakes the headliners?

That is correct.  And the TSB does not really address the spoiler bolts all that well.

33 minutes ago, Andrew David said:

That is correct.  And the TSB does not really address the spoiler bolts all that well.

Well that seems to be a much simpler solution than the original TSB. Would of saved alot of owners some headaches and trouble if thats the case?

Did GM redesign the bolts or do they instruct the dealers to apply sealant every time before the bolts are reinstalled?

2 minutes ago, Tomtom87 said:

Well that seems to be a much simpler solution than the original TSB. Would of saved alot of owners some headaches and trouble if thats the case?

Did GM redesign the bolts or do they instruct the dealers to apply sealant every time before the bolts are reinstalled?

If they do it obviously is not right since my truck has been back 4 times for it leaking lol

So it seems now that the real source of the leak are these spoiler bolts that are not properly sealed with the sealant? So water passes through them and soakes the headliners?

I’d say that the spoiler is ONE source of the leaks. The other is clearly the sliding window frame cracking.

Had my 19' Sierra repaired a while back. Was leaking on both sides, passenger side was worse. Dealership I use did a great job. Have to look really hard to see the sealer that was put on the back glass. The tech that works there does all of my warranty work on all my vehicles. He always does excellent work. Have never had to return any for the same issue twice. Has not leaked since repair was done. I did ask about the spoiler and if he thought that it could also be leaking from there. He said that he has not had one yet to be leaking from the spoiler, all he has seen were the back glass leaking. He has done so many he can't count.

Just got my 2019 sierra back from getting the TSB for the spoiler bolts done and low and behold it still leaks. I guess they didn't even check it before telling me it was fixed. It will be going back Monday morning. Looks like this is going to be a long aggravating road. I knew I should have just bought another Honda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got my 2019 sierra back from getting the TSB for the spoiler bolts done and low and behold it still leaks. I guess they didn't even check it before telling me it was fixed. It will be going back Monday morning. Looks like this is going to be a long aggravating road. I knew I should have just bought another Honda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have this supposed TSB for the spoiler bolts? I have the one for the window, but didn’t know one existed for bolts on our trucks.

Never heard of the spoiler leak issue. As I stated in my earlier post, the tech I use said he has not had one in with the spoiler leaking, it has always been the rear glass leaking, caused by cracks in the plastic frame that is sandwiched between the body and the glass. Not saying they don't leak, but the tech that did mine said none of the spoilers were the issue, and he has done a lot of these trucks.

So my rear window is cracked but i sealed it up and the spoiler bolts, it does not leak anymore. my dealer said he would replace the window he has seen where the plastic frame is cracked in 3 places. Is it just going to crack again if i get it replaced? Or should i just go ahead and do it. Id hate to see my interior get torn up just for the window frame to crack again. Thanks in advanced fellas and hope yall get yours fixed.

Edited by abraham Lincoln

1 hour ago, abraham Lincoln said:

So my rear window is cracked but i sealed it up and the spoiler bolts, it does not leak anymore. my dealer said he would replace the window he has seen where the plastic frame is cracked in 3 places. Is it just going to crack again if i get it replaced? Or should i just go ahead and do it. Id hate to see my interior get torn up just for the window frame to crack again. Thanks in advanced fellas and hope yall get yours fixed.

Nobody can answer until GM comes clean on why they are cracking.