Rear window leak

Demon

13 minutes ago, Steve-2019 said:

What are you going to trade it in on? ?

LOL. A 2020 or 2021 2500 Silverado. With any luck I'll be able to lemon that one too (they are still leaking and still documented cases on 2500's with build dates as late as 9/20.)

surprised they didn't hit you with a non disclosure clause. This document proof will defiantly hurt GM's rep but it seems to me that they dont care about it. Playing the numbers game like in the movie fight club. X number of units sold divided by possible cost of recall= if x is less than y then they do nothing.....

Edited by puppykat33

14 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Its disgraceful really after you spend thousand of your hard earned dollars with them. 

What bugs me the most is some people on here who will defend GM to the death that GM does not have issues. 

I'm not that naïve , as I know everyone has issues but this is pathetic .  I'm on fix #2 , well see if they can fix it right this time around. 

Well said. Well said. I am a hardcore GM guy. Like I said - I know all auto makers have problems. My coworkers have brand new $80,000 Raptors with engine oil leaks. The problem is when they rake you over the coals and make you go through what I had to go through just to be made whole.

17 minutes ago, puppykat33 said:

surprised they didn't hit you with a non disclosure clause. This document proof will defiantly hurt GM's rep but it seems to me that they dont care about it. Playing the numbers game like in the movie fight club. X number of units sold divided by possible cost of recall= if x is less than y then they do nothing.....

I was waiting for someone to post this.......Isn't that hilarious. Yep I'm surprised too. (I'm actually not.) They could give a F**K less. They literally print money with these trucks hand over fist. Yeah my lawyer couldn't believe there was no non-disclosure requirement. All they cared about was "NO FAULT." Shows you what they really give a f**k about..........

2 hours ago, SamDSJR said:

I was waiting for someone to post this.......Isn't that hilarious. Yep I'm surprised too. (I'm actually not.) They could give a F**K less. They literally print money with these trucks hand over fist. Yeah my lawyer couldn't believe there was no non-disclosure requirement. All they cared about was "NO FAULT." Shows you what they really give a f**k about..........

I call BS on this.  No way there aren't confidentiality provisions in that agreement.  Hope you have the check in hand and have spent it......

17 minutes ago, hihosilverado said:

I call BS on this.  No way there aren't confidentiality provisions in that agreement.  Hope you have the check in hand and have spent it......

Yes cause you are the internet lawyer warrior who knows everything.

I call "your a d**k" on your call of "BS". I don't F**king lie. Send me a PM and I'll send you a contract.....Better yet - give me 10 minutes to blank out your info and I'll post the contract so the whole board can see how much of an ass you are.......

16 minutes ago, SamDSJR said:

Yes cause you are the internet lawyer warrior who knows everything.

I call "your a d**k" on your call of "BS". I don't F**king lie. Send me a PM and I'll send you a contract.....Better yet - give me 10 minutes to blank out your info and I'll post the contract so the whole board can see how much of an ass you are.......

No offense intended....glad this worked out for you.  Just make sure you didn't miss the applicable provision!

14 minutes ago, hihosilverado said:

No offense intended....glad this worked out for you.  Just make sure you didn't miss the applicable provision!

My apologies then. I'm sorry I shouldn't have jumped at you. I'm not in the best of moods after going through all this. You did scare me however.....lol. I went back through and re-read it. No non-disclosure.

24 minutes ago, hihosilverado said:

Hot damn....that is fantastic.  Paragraph 2(f) is interesting.  If someone on this board goes after GM based upon reading this agreement do you have to indemnify GM????  Just messing....that would be a pretty big stretch.

LOL. Lord I hope not.

No, according to my lawyer it means that since one of the problems on my truck was brake issues - if one day I push the brake pedal and it goes to the floor, and my truck runs over a 3 year old, crashes into a pole and kills my kid in the back seat - tough sh*t for me.

He says auto manufacturers use this "settlement opportunity" to cover their asses for life.....

28 minutes ago, SamDSJR said:

LOL. Lord I hope not.

No, according to my lawyer it means that since one of the problems on my truck was brake issues - if one day I push the brake pedal and it goes to the floor, and my truck runs over a 3 year old, crashes into a pole and kills my kid in the back seat - tough sh*t for me.

He says auto manufacturers use this "settlement opportunity" to cover their asses for life.....

That make sense.  Does your atty think you have to disclose this to the next buyer or the dealer if you trade it?  That could be why there is not a confidentiality provision...

23 minutes ago, hihosilverado said:

That make sense.  Does your atty think you have to disclose this to the next buyer or the dealer if you trade it?  That could be why there is not a confidentiality provision...

Hmmm. Good question. Not that I know.........but I also never specifically asked that question. I doubt it thought. The attorney said that in general this was a "We did nothing wrong, it costs us more to fight it than to pay you, take some money and go away, we-could-care-less" type deal.

I'm thinking I don't have to disclose it at all. Another thing the attorney said was that was one of the major points of this contract - GM admits no fault nor do they "admit the truck is a lemon" legally.

So I guess if I think about it logically - why would I have to disclose anything? There was no "legal branding" of the title as a lemon........again, I'll have to ask my lawyer specifically.

Is it possible with a VIN to pull up the service records done at any GM dealer anywhere nationwide ? So if someone were to buy a used vehicle, could they get all the service records, or in the case of Sam's truck, all the issues/history ? 

Most likely the truck will get wholesaled, go to auction, and end up on a non-dealer lot and the next buyer won't even think about it.