What did you pay for your truck?

1 hour ago, cmysstailights said:

Finally changed out the horrible backup camera with one from ebay. Night and day difference.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Got a link for the one you bought?  The dang backup camera quality has been so crappy.

Edited by nolabell

Hopefully this is a better link. Btw, I noticed your truck is not a T1xx in the first post of your thread. Do you think it'll be worth for the new trucks to upgrade? I thought the T1s came with high def reverse cameras. I'm not asking for myself. I don't see a need to do this upgrade, but other people may benefit.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/246660-backup-camera-replacement/ 

Hopefully this is a better link. Btw, I noticed your truck is not a T1xx in the first post of your thread. Do you think it'll be worth for the new trucks to upgrade? I thought the T1s came with high def reverse cameras. I'm not asking for myself. I don't see a need to do this upgrade, but other people may benefit.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/246660-backup-camera-replacement/ 

Thought i posted in what did you do to ur truck today, lol. Thanks for the link redirect. The camera is 800vtl. Thats the highest for standard rca. The original camera was around 400tvl. You need to find out what resolution it is currently. The 2019 and up with the hi def cameras is hi def i believe

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

Bumping this thread as I was trying to find a recent one about current pricing, but had no luck.  I'm beginning to consider a new Sierra, but i've been waiting for prices to normalize post pandemic.  Last Silverado I purchased new was back in 2010 and I got just shy of 21% off sticker back then.  Moved to a Ram 1500 Sport in 2016 and got 20% off sticker on that.  What is a decent discount off msrp as of today?  Seems like the over MSRP crap has ended and i'm noticing rebates and discounts on many brands.  One local Ram dealer is up to 20% off certain models I noticed.  Is GM getting to that point yet?

Disclaimer:  I know there are multiple ways to skin the cat here ( dealer discounts, rebates, under invoice, off sticker and so on ).  I just find it easier to work from MSRP / Sticker and calculate the total percent off to get to the selling price of said vehicle ( inclusive of all rebates and dealer discounts ).

17 hours ago, noupf said:

Bumping this thread as I was trying to find a recent one about current pricing, but had no luck.  I'm beginning to consider a new Sierra, but i've been waiting for prices to normalize post pandemic.  Last Silverado I purchased new was back in 2010 and I got just shy of 21% off sticker back then.  Moved to a Ram 1500 Sport in 2016 and got 20% off sticker on that.  What is a decent discount off msrp as of today?  Seems like the over MSRP crap has ended and i'm noticing rebates and discounts on many brands.  One local Ram dealer is up to 20% off certain models I noticed.  Is GM getting to that point yet?

Disclaimer:  I know there are multiple ways to skin the cat here ( dealer discounts, rebates, under invoice, off sticker and so on ).  I just find it easier to work from MSRP / Sticker and calculate the total percent off to get to the selling price of said vehicle ( inclusive of all rebates and dealer discounts ).

Yes they eventually will have to if they want to move product off their lots. GM is trying to hold off this coming fact by stopping production to limit inventory, but the unions will only play that game for so long. Inventory continues to build up, even with a stop on the line, they will be right there with Dodge pretty soon with 20% on the hoods because they have run prices up so high that a crash will now need to occur imo.

I Paid MSRP for a 2023 Denali Ultimate. Not happy with that price for sure but I wanted an Ultimate and in February when I purchased you were lucky to find one at MSRP.

Traded a 2022 LTD High Country 6.2  for a 2023 High Country 6.2 

Everything but supercruise and multigate. 

Sticker $78,000

I payed $73,750.

BTW I payed $64,000 for the 22. It's sticker was $70,000 .

They gave me $59,500 on trade.

Inventories are very limited in my area. I got lucky and found this truck at my local dealer. It checked all my boxes so I pounced on it.

My brother just got a new Tahoe and he payed sticker $80,000 and drove 300 miles to get it .

On 5/10/2023 at 9:08 PM, dieselfan1 said:

Traded a 2022 LTD High Country 6.2  for a 2023 High Country 6.2 

Everything but supercruise and multigate. 

Sticker $78,000

I payed $73,750.

BTW I payed $64,000 for the 22. It's sticker was $70,000 .

They gave me $59,500 on trade.

Inventories are very limited in my area. I got lucky and found this truck at my local dealer. It checked all my boxes so I pounced on it.

My brother just got a new Tahoe and he payed sticker $80,000 and drove 300 miles to get it .

$80k for a tahoe and at full sticker....wow.  Not sure what's worse, that a tahoe is now $80k or that he paid full sticker of $80k.  Unbelievable.

I paid $7000 below sticker for a new Sierra 1500 SLT in Houston. It was actually $8500 below sticker but dealer was adding a tint and protection package for $1500 so net was $7000 below an MSRP of $63,940. This is about 11% below sticker. No trade-in.

• Like 1

Just bought a 23 2500 HC

MSRP was $73,640 (addendum sticker was  another 3k)

I paid $70.5k OTD (5.9% sales tax included) and was able to get 3.9% rate thru GM....even my CUs were close to 5% so any lil bit helps

Traded a 22 silverado RST for 55k for in October and trade value was 54.5k

Drove 450 miles to get it, my 3rd truck from this dealer recently

Edited by Dunn

On 5/14/2023 at 10:53 PM, Dunn said:

Just bought a 23 2500 HC

MSRP was $73,640 (addendum sticker was  another 3k)

I paid $70.5k OTD (5.9% sales tax included) and was able to get 3.9% rate thru GM....even my CUs were close to 5% so any lil bit helps

Traded a 22 silverado RST for 55k for in October and trade value was 54.5k

Drove 450 miles to get it, my 3rd truck from this dealer recently

Quick math says you got about 10% off sticker.  Beats paying full msrp, but its clear that reabates and discounts are now happening again and should get larger as the months go on.  good info !

I assume the addendum sticker you are referring to was the BS, made up "market adjustment" sticker that dealers were using to get people to pay over msrp?

Edited by noupf

1 hour ago, noupf said:

Quick math says you got about 10% off sticker.  Beats paying full msrp, but its clear that reabates and discounts are now happening again and should get larger as the months go on.  good info !

I assume the addendum sticker you are referring to was the BS, made up "market adjustment" sticker that dealers were using to get people to pay over msrp?

IDK, because stock on 1500s is dwindling right now. 

I didnt get as good of deal as most are claiming here, but I was glad I didnt have pay list.... But then again Ill keep my old pickup before paying full list 

4 hours ago, noupf said:

nitro tires, clear wrap on front end, front window tint,  film on door/door edge, etc....nice to have but not for what they ask and its on the truck so.....did i get it for free probably not, lol.......maybe $500 worth total

when  looking some had quite a few 2500s and some had very few, this dealer had bout 25 HD trucks and 2 HC....one gas and one diesel...dealers in my area were 5k over MSRP even on 23 models

had a chance on gas SLT for not quite as good a deal but still solid and waited too long and it got snatched up ( they wouldnt commit on trade value)....probably could have done a lil better on mine tbh.......gas versions of upper trims arent as common so not easy to find......

was about 2 weeks total of negotiating before i committed and did buy 3 trucks from them relatively short timeframe but finance manager was total dick, so either i did really well or he had some personal ****** going on

Love the truck......

Edited by Dunn