2017 2500HD Max Tire Size with or without leveling kit

14 minutes ago, CRApex said:

Wheels spacers would make it worse on the outside.  The 305/55 is wide and that is what causes the figment issue i believe.  I think you’d have better luck with a narrower but taller tire if you want the height.  The 305/55 is not much taller than stock but much wider

Correct.  That's why my tires fit bone stock.  295/70/18 is the sweet spot.  People spend big money on level/lifts to put 35x12.5 on.  My tires are 0.7" more narrow and 0.7" shorter and they fit bone stock on stock wheels.  If you wanna spend money, have at it.  But you're getting less than 3/4" width and less that 3/4" height for how much?  Plus your load range decreases when you go wider than 295.  Not judging, just saying.  Plus, two words: Stock Geometry.  

Edited by EZTundra77

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so with a 0 offset, the rims are showing up at my door tomorrow shipped freight, so it would cost me $145 to ship them back now, plus I don't want a positive offset with the particular rim I ordered, which are 

XD Buck 825 Black milled 20x9 " 8x180 :

https://www.kmcwheels.com/product/wheels/xd825-buck-25/?attribute_pa_finish=gloss-black-milled

So If I dropped down to a 295/60R20 which is 33.9" tall x 11.6 wide, I would be ok ? My 2nd option, but not preferred would be 285/60R20 which is 33.5" x 11.2 , if they were 11.6" wide that would have been perfect 

I hate to drop $1,500.00 on tires and they don't fit

I REALLY like the look leveled now, and with new UCA's and Key's, shock extenders, the ride hasn't changed, not enough that I can even notice.

EZTundra mentioned going with 295/70/18 MT MTZ P3  That's a 34.5 x11.8

Only difference is he's using stock rims I believe are +34 and I went to 0 offset

So would it be safe to say the 295/60R20 would be a better gamble?

If I have to shim the bumper, I installed the UCA's and leveling keys myself, I think I could handle that as well if needed, or shave the plastic part on the bottom if needed

Edited by Fltekdiver

The 295 60 is probably a better gamble..That said, if you shim the bumper out a half inch that might be enough for the 305’s.  The tire dealer might test fit a couple sizes for you.  The 295 60 will be roughly 3/4 inch taller and roughly 1/2 inch narrower.  You are more limited to tire brand options in the 295 60 size though I added a pic of mine when it had the 285 55’s with 0 offset fuels.  Too small imo.

EA9DE17B-2CEA-4AA3-8E69-16CBF9EB519A.jpeg

Thanks, I looked through every vehicle on customoffset.com

I see allot of -44 to 0 offsets on their,  very few positive offsets.

Your 285/55R20 were 32.3 x 11.2 

I agree that would be to small, I might as well keep stock tires on their at 32" x 10"

285/60R20 are 33.5 x 11.2 

295/60R20 are 33.9 x 11.6

305/55R20 are 33.2 x 12

I'm not sure if they make a LT tire in 305/60R20 , seams to be around 34.4 x 12"

I did call a local tire shop and he said he will see what he has in stock used in those sizes and throw one on the truck on the 0 offset rim and test fit it with turning the wheel 

Those measurements were a tire calculator.com measurement. 

I'll have to look into the exact tire manufacture to see the exact measurements

Edited by Fltekdiver

Went over to the tire dealer this morning

A friend of mine has the same truck leveled 2013 2500

He was taken his 35 by 12 and a 1/2 inch tires off on stock rims

As they were 1/2 worn out

We had put one of them on my new 0 set offset rim on the front

It fits would a very slight rub in the rear

So I ordered new 35 inch tires which are 34.5" x 12.5" wide

They will be here in a few hours I'm going back after lunch to have the deal amount them I will take picks and let everybody know how goes

I absolutely loved the look of that size tire and that wide with the 0 offset

I'm going to get some painted Fender flares also

Went over to the tire dealer this morning

A friend of mine has the same truck leveled 2013 2500

He was taken his 35 by 12 and a 1/2 inch tires off on stock rims

As they were 1/2 worn out

We had put one of them on my new 0 set offset rim on the front

It fits would a very slight rub in the rear

So I ordered new 35 inch tires which are 34.5" x 12.5" wide

They will be here in a few hours I'm going back after lunch to have the deal amount them I will take picks and let everybody know how goes

I absolutely loved the look of that size tire and that wide with the 0 offset

I'm going to get some painted Fender flares also

We mounted the 305/55 and it was to small

The 33" tire looked lost with the truck leveled 

Thank you all for your help !

The 35"x12.5" Toyo Open Country AT2 Extremes fit perfect ! One side cleared the bumper completely, the other side just caught the lower valance. 

Instead of trimming the lower valance, I shimmed the bumper out 1/2"  and no issues now ! Had to pull back the front felt on the inner wheel well, and remove the rear back corner plastic pc inside the wheel well, and tap the metal a few times with a hammer, and put the plastic trim back on

This is on a 0 offset rim !

Tires stick out the sides about 1-2 " 

Here's some pics of the new ride with Kryptonite UCA's,  Suspension Max Leveling keys, shock extenders.

Truck rides better then stock! I love the ride !

The 2nd pic is the clearance before I shimmed the front bumper out another 1/2" 

20190216_112337.jpg

20190216_112822.jpg

Edited by Fltekdiver