2005 sierra 1500hd or 2005 Silverado 1500hd??

I could really use some advice, I have a 2000 GMC Sierra 4.8l rwd. I'm buying a used truck very soon, either a 2005 Silverado 1500hd LS at 135k miles for $10k or a 2005 Sierra 1500hd SLE at 156k miles for $8.5k. They are both stock and same condition exterior. I am looking to put a cam, tune, stage 2 trans, 6in lift and some other goodies in it. I am completely stuck on which one to get, any experiences or advice could really help me.

My advice would be to buy the truck that seems like it's had the easiest life up to this point. If you're planning to increase the power output, and add larger tires, then you'll want the truck that's had the least amount of abuse. Even though the Chevy has less miles than the GMC, it's more about quality than quantity. If a contractor used the Chevy to haul 1000 pounds of tools and tow his skid steer around, while the GMC was used as a family vehicle to visit grandma & grandpa in Florida twice a year....I'd take the GMC, even though it has more miles.

You should be able to determine the type of use by:

- Inspecting the inside of the bed (looking under the bed liner/mat if there is one)

- Checking for a 5th wheel ball in the bed

- Looking at the condition of the hitch (like how much it's been used)

- Checking the driver seat wear & tear (a contractor/farmer will wear out a seat faster than normal)

- Looking for rock chips on the lower body panels (more chips means more gravel roads than highway use)

- Test drive (if one feels quieter/tighter than the other, buy that one)