Steering wheel clicking

When I turn my steering wheel on my 2014 Silverado 1500 it makes a clicking noise. I can feel it in my steering wheel so I know it’s not coming from anywhere else except either something on the steering column or steering wheel. 

I had a similar issue. The steering angle sensor is mounted down on the steering shaft about a foot away from the firewall or so. It's a plastic sensor that is very loosely mounted in a plastic housing. I took a piece of cardboard from a box and made two pieces that go up each side of the sensor and slid them in. About 1/2" by 2" or so. Then I made one piece that went flat in behind the sensor between the wide part of it and the backing plate on the sensor mount housing. This piece is about 2" wide by about 2" tall and you'll need to cut a big U shape in it to clear the steering shaft. It's been months so my measurements may be off a bit. My noise is gone.

You may have a different issue, can't say, but my steering angle sensor just kinda flopped around when you turned the steering wheel and it hit against the housing it mounts in and made noise.

There's a good reason I call my truck the reigning champ of annoying noises in my sig, this truck has more rattle and squeaky sounds than any vehicle I've owned. 

Edited by 00pooterSS
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 4:58 PM, Tristen said:

When I turn my steering wheel on my 2014 Silverado 1500 it makes a clicking noise. I can feel it in my steering wheel so I know it’s not coming from anywhere else except either something on the steering column or steering wheel. 

I'm not sure if this is the same.  There's a specific street that I turn left onto after a stop sign at the top of a small hill.  when i get to about 2/3 of the turn i hear and maybe sense a small clicking up front, in the area where I assume my steering system is?  It doesn't occur any other time.  Just that one spot.  THen again, most of the terrain around here is flat.  2015 reg cab longbed 4.3l  45K