How to Fix Alignment Cam Issues

Hello, Everyone!

After Months of having to cope with noises and problems regarding tge front end alignment on my truck, i finally came across the solution

The stock suspension alignment is set by this cams, which are prone to moving under load and/or getting loose:

Resultado de imagen para silverado alignment camNo matter how many times i aligned the truck, it all moved again while making a turn in the parking lot or getting down from the drveway ( close to steering lock)

I finally decided that it was enough and after making some research i came across this kit from Dirt King Fabrication: https://dirtkingfabrication.com/products/upper-arm-alignment-cams-dk-632919

The process i took was as follows:

-Re Align the Truck (-2* Camber,  +5* Caster)

-Mark where the position stock cams as they sit correcly

-Install thenew Dirt King cams in the same positions

-Add pressure washers (Not incluided in kit)

-Add Loctite (Not incluided in kit)

-Tighten everything down (like, a lot)

For the TL;DR I made a video about it:

Problems i came across:

-One of the alignment pins that are pressed into the chassis fell, almost all others were loose

Fix: I replaced it with a little screw and nut (shown in video)

-The truck´s suspension still knocks a bit when moving at full lock, but it doesnt feel like moving

Fix: Still working on it but if it doesnt move and looses the alignment, i dont care

Maybe the only option is to pin point removable welds, screw it.

Have anyone else experienced this kind of problem in their trucks? How did you manage to fix it?

With any luck GM fixed this garbage alignment design for the new 2019s (i think they did) 

And as always support on my YT channel is very much appreciated :)

4 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

You would think there is a easier way. Safty wire comes to mind. You could dill and stainless pin it also. But if you got it nailed then great job! 

Even tho last time i tightened it down to 130 ft-lbs, it all still moved.

The problem seems to be that the mechanism design is just prone to drifting out of position, even the pins in the chassis, which are pressed it, get loose and fall out because of the load

It seems that the Dirt King kit fixed it very well, but i will give it a few weeks and make a review on it, i will report my findings

The drill and pin sounds like a great idea too, i hope i dont get to that point lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dezrado said:

I was having that issue until i modified my bajakits UCA to have heims at the end and modded the chassis to accept the heim...only way it will out align is if i bend the chassis

Im definitely doing that if I decide to get a long travel kit n the future, thanks!

• 9 months later...

hello everyone,

i have the baja kits pre runner kit upper and lower control arm, 3.0 kings, running bf goodrich 35 on my truck. im having issues and not sure whats causing  it. When on auto or 4 hi as soon as i accelerate my car throws me to right when im cruising its kinda fine only when i hit the gas it really throws me to the right. Went to the dealer and they said your tires is causing the issue change them which dosent make sense because i was on a 6 inch lift before swapping to the baja kits and king shocks all was fine.  Went to the alignment shop and they told me the bolt is as tight as it can be we cant do anything more. A little confused on what might be the issue ... did you guys have similar issue ? dont want to go for the dirt king alignment cam if my issue is not alignment. would be great to get your thoughts on this.