Rear end clunking in snow

Kind of stupid but I was pulling forward in the driveway with some snow and I was expecting the G80 locker to clunk in and then have both wheels spin at the same speed. Just my luck though there was a continous banging instead. Traction control was off and so was stabilitrack. You can hear it pretty good in the video, was it at the sweet spot of 100ish rpms and that's why it was locking and unlocking??

Rear end5.mp4

That sounds like a blown rear end to me. Best way (I heard) to test was put it in reverse and do the same thing. It should lock until you get going and it decides it doesn't need to lock anymore.

Most likely need a new rear end.

Sometimes mine does that. My driveway is on a grade and if I'm at around 1000 rpms it clunks and bangs.If I give it a little more gas it locks and quits. I think it's just in between locking and not looking. Try giving it more gas to fully lock.

So when I got home the next day the driveway was clear of snow and I held the brakes and gave it some gas...the rear end locked in like it was supposed to everytime I did it. I'm confused and at the point of trading this thing in because I thought this was yet again another problem. Thoughts?