New Infotainment update v803.1

I got my update a couple days back.  I only have like 1500 miles so I'm not 100% positive  BUT  when playing Pandora it shows the station/song and allows me to select from new stations on the screen now.  Pretty sure I couldn't do that before.  It always just said "loading".  Maybe it just loaded, I dunno,.

That's the only difference I noticed so far though.

Well I got it done today. No difference whatsoever as far as HUD operation. Doesn’t show the stations or anything else. I’ve tried it in every radio mode, every DIC mode and every HUD mode. :smash:

3 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Well I got it done today. No difference whatsoever as far as HUD operation. Doesn’t show the stations or anything else. I’ve tried it in every radio mode, every DIC mode and every HUD mode. :smash:

I wonder why? Mine shows XM stations and when using my thumb drive playing songs it tells me the song as well, I’m still on 509. It does only show it for a few seconds after changing channels.

Edited by eppieguy

I don’t know if there’s other non-infotainment updates I still need or what. I haven’t been to the dealer in awhile. Not a huge deal but you have to wonder why some people have it and others don’t.

I did some more playing around with stuff on the truck tonight and I can’t put my finger on anything different with this update save for maybe a new (minor) bug. I can’t remember if it was like it before...but I did notice when I was scrolling through my presets with the steering wheel control, they weren’t being highlighted at the top of the infotainment screen right away as I think they used to. They would sometimes not highlight at all. Or highlight, then disappear, and then re-highlight. Hope that makes sense. 

Having Spent a weekend with the New Update, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE UPDATE!  My Nav system now takes 5 minutes to respond on start-up and the HUD screen occasionally is not syncing with the Infotainment screen!  A number of times the Nav directions on the HUD would just stop updating!  I would have to page through the HUD display setting to get it to sync -up again!  At this point I am ready to take the truck to my Dealer and have then put V509 back in!

1 hour ago, eppieguy said:

I don't think you can stop it? 

If you don't have an OnStar subscription and don't connect it to your own WiFi I don't believe it will download the update?  Not sure about that...

I do not have a Onstar account, hmmm....., I do pair it up to my home network and my cell hotspot but I'm unsure if that would allow the updates to come through or not, I checked this morning and I'm still on 509.

If you connect to your own household wifi and the infotainment unit can communicate to the internet with the connection, you will receive the update if and only if the update is rolled out to your vehicle at that time.

1 hour ago, Black02Silverado said:

The radio stations display in the HUD only when you change stations with the steering wheel controls, plus they do not stay in the HUD.  Just shows you when you change and then they disappear.

I wish. Mine are never ever up there...