Positive Experiences With 2019’s?

I’m planning on buying a 2019 in May, more specifically an AT4. Going through the forum I’m seeing the negative experiences are outweighing the positive experiences when purchasing these new trucks. Lots of mechanical and software issues. I know normally you here more of the bad things since people come here to look for answers, someone with no issues is less likely to make a post. So my question is, those of you with 2019 Sierra models (1500’s, AT4’s,) that have had zero issues, can you all chime in and make me feel a little more confident in my purchase that’s coming up soon? :) 

Forums are a place for people to complain for the most part. A lot more bad posted than good. Go read the 2019 RAM forum then come back and report your findings. 

As for the 2019 - I have had multiple GM trucks over the years....last was a 2016 and 2014.  This one is the best GM truck I have ever had so far.  Yes, the interior is lacking a bit in regards to luxury and tech... but it all works. 

• Like 3

Yup. As with anything, the people who are pissed off about something are more likely to go online and vent over the countless more who are satisfied and have nothing to rant about.

I’ve had a few bugs and glitches but overall I’m very happy with the truck. I think most, if not everyone here who has one would agree.

• Like 2

I don't have a 2019 yet, but I will echo what the other two posters have said. Most satisfied truck owners will never join a forum, they just drive their truck. The only people who come to the forums are either enthusiasts or people who are looking for a place to vent about their negative experience. You will see this is true with the F-150 and Ram forums as well. 

When I first came in, I excitedly posted my picture of my brand new Silverado as an enthusiast.. then the very next day, I had a really bad experience with the rear end shuddering and transmission downshifting, causing the back to swing and I nearly hit a pedestrian. If it was a minor issue, I would never bother, but this was clearly safety issue. As you can expect, the Chevy fanboys were all over me on that one, offering dumb possibilities. Then I brought up I wasn't inexperienced since I had Ford for a while, they started accusing me of being biased. Blocked 'em all. That being said, I thought the interior in the Chevy was better than my Ford. Ford's almost all plastic even for a $52,000 XLT 4x4 SuperCrew.

Another thing Chevy wins is the gas mileage department. I also like having a lot of storage and, depending on the trim, some have it in creative spots. I was able to store my box of cigars inside the rear seat, behind the passengers. So convenient! Also, the Chevy's front end stays planted on the road a lot better than Ford. I regularly got the shudders from both but Chevy wins with the front end but the thuds from the transmission and the infrequent downshifting is a concern, I am getting that checked Monday.

I also like the USB-C ports in my Chevrolet and I even went out and got all new USB-C to USB-C cables. Also, Chevy caught up with others and now has vent for back seat passengers along with USB plugs. The short-bed is HUGE, I had a 5.5' bed in my Ford and could not sleep diagonally so I opted for the long bed. The Silverado has a wider bed and it's 5.8' - which turned out to be perfect for me. Overall, I'd rank it somewhat better than my 2016 Ford F-150.

We looked with intentions of buying. In the end we were disappointed with missing features. The truck was just not as comfortable as the 2015 we were looking to get rid of and replace with the 2019. We are still in the 2015 while we wait on the mid model life cycle enhancements coming next year.

Thanks all for your feedback, I haven’t bought a brand new GM product in some time so I guess I’m a bit paranoid lol. I still plan to proceed with my AT4 purchase, just thought I’d look around and research as much as possible. Will update soon with pics and what not, thanks again ?

I've had some issues with my Silverado but overall I still love the truck. The issues, while unsettling at the time, have thankfully been worked out to my satisfaction. 

On a spring break road trip right now...wife is happy, kid is happy, dogs are happy.  Life is good. 

• Like 1

All you have to look at is which 1/2 ton truck is the safest on the road.
F-150 wins hands down!!!!! better than the 2019 Chevy and better than the 2019 Ram
They should be ashamed of themselves that they couldn't build a truck as safe as the f150 that is a five-year-old design.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I have had my AT4 for a little over 7 weeks now and 6500 miles... can you tell I love my truck? I worked for Ford for 6 years as a diesel tech and I am a car enthusiast regardless of manufacturer if they do it right and if it has a V8. I almost got a raptor until they said I can't get a V8. As far as styling goes, I love the design of the AT4 with little touches like the stitching. I have the 6.2 and as much as I love the power, I hate that I can't even change the exhaust bc nothing is available yet for under $1600.

Just my $.023cf7a1e5ff9e187435ddde096ae13bff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I love mine.  Coming from a 2011 Toyota 4Runner (quite possibly the most reliable vehicle on the planet) I am also paranoid about issues and reliability.  So far, anything that seemed weird has fixed itself.  The tranny is getting smoother as it learns my driving style, the infotainment bugs are seemingly fixing themselves too.  

Overall I love the truck.  Great styling, more than adequate power, lots of neat features.  I am really happy and look forward to driving it every day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, destrada127 said:

I have had my AT4 for a little over 7 weeks now and 6500 miles... can you tell I love my truck? I worked for Ford for 6 years as a diesel tech and I am a car enthusiast regardless of manufacturer if they do it right and if it has a V8. I almost got a raptor until they said I can't get a V8. As far as styling goes, I love the design of the AT4 with little touches like the stitching. I have the 6.2 and as much as I love the power, I hate that I can't even change the exhaust bc nothing is available yet for under $1600.

Just my $.023cf7a1e5ff9e187435ddde096ae13bff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

That is a bad ass truck 

• Like 2

I love mine. Had a 2015 Silverado. I was close to buying a dodge rebel with the 12 inch screen. Have no regrets after buying the At4. For all the criticism the reviews gave for the interior, I just don’t see it. Genuinely, the only two things I wish I had on this truck are sunglasses holder and adaptive cruise control. The sunglasses holder isn’t that big of a deal, just something I was used to. There was some glitchyness with the computer system initially, but the software update seems to have cleared it all up (sound not working once, parking brake randomly being on when I started the truck). Just an FYI- don’t update the software in the carpool line and expect to be able to star the truck in a minute or two- I thought you just had to be stopped to initiate the update. Turns out it will disable the truck while updateing. It’s a really long 10 minutes or so when you have a shiny new truck and have to wave everyone around you cause it won’t start. Even after learning these things the hard way, I am very please with purchase.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1