HID LED'S

Hey, looking at 2019 AT4, HIGH COUNTRY, and LTZ! Question on headlights, all three have LEDS, but in the GM description for AT4 and HIGH COUNTRY they are called HID LEDs, are they actually different bulbs than the LTZ, which they call them just LEDs?

I drove an LT ALL STAR and was very disappointed with the headlights, I presently have a 2017 LTZ with the projector LED and as far as I am concerned best vehicle headlights out there.

Anyone with AT4 or HIGH COUNTRY comments would be appreciated.

Edited by tbare54

I had an F150 with LED's and thought they were awesome. The lights in my AT4 are just as good I believe. Some guys have talked about getting brighted due to the extra height of the truck but I have not encountered that yet. 

There are three tiers of headlights for Silverado:

WT, Custom, Custom TB are all halogen headlights.

Then the LT, RST, LT TB, and LTZ share the same headlight assemblies with “normal” LEDs, and incandescent turn signals.

High Country has special headlight assemblies that contain higher intensity LEDs, than the rest of the Chevys. They also have LED turn signals.

Similar story on the GMC side, although with them, SLT and up all have the same headlight assemblies. Sierra, Elevation and SLE have lower end LED headlights and incandescent turn signals like the lower trim Chevys.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for that answer, that is kind of what I suspected. Do you know if these higher intensity LEDs are part of the headlight assembly or we might be able to upgrade the bulb from the LTZ to the HIGH COUNTRY type?

Edited by tbare54

Everything looks to be integrated into the headlight “module”...so I would assume swapping the whole thing will be the only way. 

Personally, I am happy with the performance stock LTZ headlights anyway. If I did do the swap, it would be to get the HC’s LED turn signal and brighter DRL. 

• Like 1

I havent seen an HID yet that could hold a candle to my wife's 16 Volvo xc90. Best headlights I have ever used. My 19 AT4 is close though! They are very good.
The new Acura TL headlights are bright little bastards too...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:38 PM, AMPRG said:

I'm so happy with my LTZ headlights. Much better than my previous 2014 LT. I think the high beam should have been stronger. 

I agree 100%. 

Very happy with lows but the high beams leave something to be desired.  I think a behind the grill lightbar will fix that for me in the future.  I've already been eyeballing the grill shutters to mod them a bit... :) 

• Like 1

Very impressed with the light density, and the throw of light on my RST with LEDs. 

I think the intensity of the DRL LEDs are very good, too. I like how they dim down a little when the headlights are on, vs. the K2s with the LED strip that seemed to stay with the same DRL intensity when the headlamps were on.