I want to get some help from the forum with my audio set up. I want to upgrade the factory non-bose speakers. I spoke to my local audio shop over the phone about replacing the speakers on all 4 doors. Then I asked about the dash speakers and he said yes, he can add tweeters there as well. 

I assumed the tweeter would be placed in a custom location (like sail panel or A piilar), and the dash would receive its own upgraded speaker. Am I on the right track with that set up? Or does it all really depend on the type of dash speaker I go with? Thanks.

I don't think he's referring to the addition of pillar speakers but is referring to adding tweeters under the dash.

I could be mistaken but I don't even know if pillar speakers exist for our models even aftermarket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, th3magpi3 said:

I don't think he's referring to the addition of pillar speakers but is referring to adding tweeters under the dash.

I could be mistaken but I don't even know if pillar speakers exist for our models even aftermarket.

Yea that's what he meant was to add the tweeters in under the dash. Would this be a wise thing to do in terms of overall sound?

I've seen pictures of other set ups where the tweeter is custom installed on our trucks away from under the dash. 

If you're just replacing speakers, don't expect a huge differance.  Aftermarket speskers do tske more power and the blose amp isnt very powerful

I am working on my audio now but igo way farther the 99% of people do

• Like 1

Yea that's what he meant was to add the tweeters in under the dash. Would this be a wise thing to do in terms of overall sound?

I've seen pictures of other set ups where the tweeter is custom installed on our trucks away from under the dash. 

I honestly do not mind my stock Sierra audio at all! I thing the audio is very clear and crisp. I just wish I had the low end. If you're happy with the current sound I would just add some newer door speakers (in my opinion it's where most of the audio is delivered to the driver) with some high quality ones (I like Alpine) and add a woofer. Should do the trick.

I recently upgrade my stereo after planning for a long time. I ended up with a set of Morel 6x9 components in front and put the tweeters in the dash location where the little 3 inch ish speakers are, and put in morel coaxes in the rear. I used a sub box from Rodney’s boxes that installed under the center console that came preloaded with an 8” Kicker solobaric. The trick is getting it all to work with the stock head unit, because short of replacing with the super expensive Alpine Restyle headunit, you lose too much on the way of all the functions outside of the audio. I found a video on YouTube from the 5 star audio team for a 2014 Silverado or Sierra. I copied their setup and got a PAC unit to convert the signal to flat, then went to a Rockford Fosgate DSP, then to my amp (scores a good deal on a used Alpine PDX V9 on fleabay - 100x4 + 500x1 for the sub). Happy to share my experience. I’m still messing with it, just got it done last weekend.

Pros: 8” gives good bass, not overkill. Saves space under rear bench. Looks completely stock for a stealthy install. PAC unit lets you modify chime volume, which is nice. DSP gives you tons of control to tune the system making up for the wimpy EQ in the stock headunit.

Cons: not 12’s. The only catch with the PAC unit is that it doesn’t play great with the non-Bose system ONLY for XM/AM/FM - in the non-Bose application you can flip the third dip switch to basically fake stereo sound by copying the L or R channel to the other side (so not real stereo). After having my head updated by[mention=192095]th3magpi3[/mention] I only really use my CarPlay anyway.

Non pretty install under driver side rear bench. Finished up after midnight Sunday. I’ll go back and try to clean up more later.

1d84324fc626472a0fd5bbde5e23eb77.jpg

On my 2018, the dash speakers are a separate channel and play the door chimes and environment sounds. So replacing those can be important to matching the others. I also changed the door speakers from coaxle to separates and moved the tweeter to the sail panel. Huge improvment, but even more after adding aftermarket Amp. But that's were cost starts to balloon. 91922e58ea3697d3b53dd0bb6f06e89f.jpgfae3b9095428b1f9f872e4dc02021428.jpge97438a5a73d1dc3713ac6abf47a74f3.jpgddc4b2b83beb311a5e2506464bca70b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Quick update on this. Ended up with JL Audio C1 6x9 components in the front, and 6.5 coaxials in the rear. I left the dash speakers in place and mounted the tweeters flush on the door panel right behind the handle. Powered by the JL RD400/4 and left the stock head unit. Everything sounds amazing and no loud chimes to report just the same as before. 

EDIT: I did not do this myself my local shop did lol

Edited by Silva

2 hours ago, Silva said:

Quick update on this. Ended up with JL Audio C1 6x9 components in the front, and 6.5 coaxials in the rear. I left the dash speakers in place and mounted the tweeters flush on the door panel right behind the handle. Powered by the JL RD400/4 and left the stock head unit. Everything sounds amazing and no loud chimes to report just the same as before. 

EDIT: I did not do this myself my local shop did lol

If you left the oem dash speakers in.  They left that signal alone.  Which is the chimes.