Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

My service writer wasn’t in this morning and when I asked the writer helping he looked confused. He said there was an order made for parts but didn’t have the list and that the tech knows the list of parts. I asked for my service writer to give me a call when he can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

My service writer wasn’t in this morning and when I asked the writer helping he looked confused. He said there was an order made for parts but didn’t have the list and that the tech knows the list of parts. I asked for my service writer to give me a call when he can.

The one I talked to said it was just an axle shaft.  

I stopped in today and talked to Mark, my service writer, and gave him the PIP5653A/B bulletin number and he looked it up and it had the part numbers to fix it. He ordered the parts and he'll contact me when they get them in and schedule my pickup in for the repair. I don't have a list of what parts are needed for the repair, but they did mention one being an Axle Shaft.

I just got an email from onstar saying there was an issue with my engine and transmission system but my truck was dropped off yesterday at the dealership. I wonder what it could be and how I could find out without having to call the dealership.

Edit: called onstar and they said they couldn’t find anything and would have to other run a diagnostic with the truck on(which I can’t do right now) or contact my dealership. So looks like I’ll have to wait and see

I’ve had transmission problems, differential noises, lifters collapsing and seat rattles. I’ve had problems since the second week I owned it and GM called me today and told me they were “reviewing” my case still. It’s been 2 months that I’ve a case opened with them. They keep putting me off hoping I’ll go away. I can’t believe the runaround I’ve been given.  It’s almost too ridiculous to be true. 

14 hours ago, lworley said:

I’ve had transmission problems, differential noises, lifters collapsing and seat rattles. I’ve had problems since the second week I owned it and GM called me today and told me they were “reviewing” my case still. It’s been 2 months that I’ve a case opened with them. They keep putting me off hoping I’ll go away. I can’t believe the runaround I’ve been given.  It’s almost too ridiculous to be true. 

Read my thread. Trust me man it gets worse. Customer service was screening my calls and would not pick up when I called. TRASH service. 

Get a lawyer and go the lemon law route. If you don't they will continue to walk all over you and offer no help. 

Edited by ct_corey

Part that sucks is with weird noises and issues the truck is worthless for a trade in. I tried to trade mine in for a tundra. As soon as they went to appraise the truck( had been sitting for a while we were looking and test driving) they heard the engine knock on cold start and told me they don't want the truck. I literally have a 45k boat anchor that is worthless.  I could be dishonest and have them appraise the truck right away but why should another dealer have to suffer. As soon as someone goes to test drive it especially after sitting is going to hear motor noise. 

I am hearing that the axle is related to the issue but the root cause isn’t the axle. The axle attaches to a stubbed shaft which goes in the front diff. The stubbed shaft is like 1/8 of an inch too long. They have replaced the stub shaft and  so far no noise. I will update with a bulletin number on Monday  if I can get it. Hope this helps. It’s a $300 repair under warranty.

Edited by OldDawg45

So dealer called and said truck is ready for pick up and all is fixed. I had left the motofab level lift kit in the truck and asked them to install it while it’s there. Well when I asked about it just now they said they will not install it in fear it will cause problems to the parts they just installed and to other components. Do they not have faith in the fix?

Can't speak for others but your sound seems to be louder than the odd tink tink tink sound I was hearing on the loaner which I was driving and suspect was this jingle jingle sound.  It definitely went away in 4WD.  I never noticed the sound you've recorded (if I'm hearing this right on my phone) - I could hear it in the cab without windows down at speed.

IMO, if you read back at the beginning of this thread & see the video posted on imgur - reach under there & grab that bell housing & it slides back & forth then you've probably got the issue & it might not have manifested just yet.  The sound I heard reminded me of very very small rocks (think sand like but fine rocks) pinging underneath - would go away as soon as put in 4WD and come right back in 2WD.