Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

On 7/30/2019 at 2:13 PM, Aycock1987 said:

If GM was developing a fix for this issue, I would think they would have one by now... REALLY pisses me off

Couldn’t agree more. Called Gm customer care last week and they claim they know nothing about this issue. ?‍♂️

Let me tell you guys my experience. I purchased a 2019 Silverado with a build Date of September/2018. Almost immediately I noticed this issue. I went to the dealership and had 4 major components replaced over a 6 month period to try and fix this. Nothing fixed it. Fast forward to May and I started the process for a buyback... Good news is It got accepted. Bad news is when I was choosing my replacement, I didn't look at the build date. Once I got my new truck, I discovered this one was doing the same exact thing.... You can only imagine how frustrated I was. I then decided to look at the build date and it was Nov 2018... I have driven a lot of 2019 Silverado's ( loaner vehicles while mine was at dealership) and what I found was the ones that are having issues are the ones with a build date from Sept 2018 to around Feb or March of 2019. I drove 3 different loaners with a build date after those dates and did not experience the issue.

I was convinced that the majority of the issue was coming from the Axles. I decided to have the Trailboss lift kit installed because I knew it came with new axles ( and also I wanted the extra lift from factory). I will tell you guys that the issue either went away for a while or was nowhere near as noticeable. After driving it another 1,000 miles, I have noticed a VERY slight Jingle with the a/c and radio off while slowing to a stop but thankfully its not noticeable unless I try to listen for it. It was so noticeable in my other truck and this one before I put the TB kit on, I could hear it over the radio, tires, and a/c.

Reason I am still trying to keep this thread active is because I still do fear that the noise will come back and I want them to have a fix for if/when it does. I know GM is on this thread and I would think that they pay attention to the threads that stay active and are a concern to the consumers.

Edited by Aycock1987

1 hour ago, Aycock1987 said:

You can only imagine how frustrated I was. I then decided to look at the build date and it was Nov 2019... 

Do you mean a build date of Nov 2018? ?

Also, for what it's worth, I'm sorry you and others are having to go through all this crap.  Unfortunately, I feel this is just a sign of things to come unless those making the big bucks wise up a bit and start making better decisions.

4 minutes ago, Wheelguy said:

Do you mean a build date of Nov 2018? ?

Also, for what it's worth, I'm sorry you and others are having to go through all this crap.  Unfortunately, I feel this is just a sign of things to come unless those making the big bucks wise up a bit and start making better decisions.

Haha yeah. Thank you

GM uses 2 different axles 1 is the SU4 made and supplied to GM from AAM are the axles having the problem and the other is a axle made by GM you can tell by getting under you truck and looking on the right side of the axle ring and pinion gear housing and look for the GM Mark of excellence stamp these axles don't have the problem. Luckily I have the GM axle and don't have the problem. Build dates don't mean anything.

Edited by Silverado4x4

13 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

So I’m guessing it’s build plant maybe? I have a build date of October and mine jingles like crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I said before, mine was Build Plant Z

I settled with GM and still have my truck, hoping this issue gets fixed by a recall.

I know it is different state to state but I just filed for lemon law  through a company that specializes it. My truck has a loud cold start knock. See the video. listen to it all the way. 

I had a phone consultation and since they claim there is no fix available, per CT lemon laws, I have a good case.  I went to go and price a Tundra and had them look at my Silverado as a trade. They straight up told me they want nothing to do with the truck due to the engine knocking. This knock just like any other serious noise kills the value of a new truck due to no one wanting to buy it. At this point I cant even get rid of it because no one wants it. 

Gm's customer service was a joke. I was bounced around between advisors and would be promised call backs that I never got.  I found my advisors direct extension and she started screening my calls. She wouldn't answer when I call on my cell(number they have on file). I call right after from my work phone and she picked right up. Over the last 3 months I spent over 6 hours of waiting on hold to talk to someone.  Finally They told me 2 weeks ago to bring the truck in for further diag. I call the dealer and they tell me GM hasn't okayed anything yet. I call GM for 100th time and after 2 week of them trying to figure out what to do they tell me again no fix and they cant do anything for me. No concern, no care, nothing. Based on how I was treated I want nothing to do with this junk vehicle. I even asked to talk to the manager of the department and EVERYTIME I asked they were in meetings and don't take calls. How they handle this was truly embarrassing. That it was prompted me to trade the truck in, but then come to find out no one wants it.  

I just took the service manager for a ride to hear the jingle. He heard how annoying it is. He also liked the sound of the exhaust I installed to hide the noise. Hopefully they can fix the stupid jingle. 

11 minutes ago, Dmscarfd57 said:

I just took the service manager for a ride to hear the jingle. He heard how annoying it is. He also liked the sound of the exhaust I installed to hide the noise. Hopefully they can fix the stupid jingle. 

Did he give an update on the TSB? They are saying there is no fix currently.

57 minutes ago, Dmscarfd57 said:

I don't know, I just can't take the noise anymore. Told the dealership to figure it out. 

I agree. I could hear it over the radio, a/c, and tire noise. Extremely annoying

Edited by Aycock1987

According to the service manager at my dealership, GM has a bulletin out for a fix for the jingle. They are replacing seals and rings in the front as well as the driveshaft. Parts are on their way from Michigan. He said they got notified last night about the fix! 

• Like 1