Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

Dilemma....

I have the effected front end (I verified the RPO codes with my build sheet). If I go under the truck I can move the CV driveshaft just like the one in the video.

My dilemma is that my truck has never made a peep. No jingle, no clanking...nothing. I've got 14,500 miles on it. However, I worry that 1) it will start making noises at some point and 2) that the slop/play in the shaft can't be good for the drivetrain longevity.

Should I ask my dealer to fix and how should I go about it? I would like to read the bulletin. If anybody has it please post.

On 8/6/2019 at 11:39 AM, Dmscarfd57 said:

According to the service manager at my dealership, GM has a bulletin out for a fix for the jingle. They are replacing seals and rings in the front as well as the driveshaft. Parts are on their way from Michigan. He said they got notified last night about the fix! 

Do you have the bulletin number or some "key words" ie, jingle, clang, etc,  that will assist my service writer in finding this bulletin?

9 hours ago, fish_guru said:

Dilemma....

I have the effected front end (I verified the RPO codes with my build sheet). If I go under the truck I can move the CV driveshaft just like the one in the video.

My dilemma is that my truck has never made a peep. No jingle, no clanking...nothing. I've got 14,500 miles on it. However, I worry that 1) it will start making noises at some point and 2) that the slop/play in the shaft can't be good for the drivetrain longevity.

Should I ask my dealer to fix and how should I go about it? I would like to read the bulletin. If anybody has it please post.

Same axle, same movement and same lack of noise. I’ll get it fixed, but wait awhile for the tech to ge fluent in the repair. 

16 hours ago, fish_guru said:

Dilemma....

If you’re not hearing anything then I don’t see why you wouldn’t at least wait until some of the other guys here report back that are going forward with the repair to make sure this is going to do it. I doubt waiting 2-3 weeks is going to take that much more away from the longevity than your mileage already might have. I hope that makes some sort of sense, in addition to what was pointed out about the techs getting familiar with the repairs.

Just think about what all has been done with the clunking on the 8 speed tranny up to this point & GM is basically still playing a guessing game (or just plain playing dumb) with all that crap.

6 hours ago, Wheelguy said:

If you’re not hearing anything then I don’t see why you wouldn’t at least wait until some of the other guys here report back that are going forward with the repair to make sure this is going to do it. I doubt waiting 2-3 weeks is going to take that much more away from the longevity than your mileage already might have. I hope that makes some sort of sense, in addition to what was pointed out about the techs getting familiar with the repairs.

Just think about what all has been done with the clunking on the 8 speed tranny up to this point & GM is basically still playing a guessing game (or just plain playing dumb) with all that crap.

I totally agree with the waiting thing. I've been following this thread since it's inception but haven't posted until a fix was in simply because I didn't have any of the same symptoms you guys have had.

I'm just worried that if I bring it in there without it making noise GM is not going to approve a warranty repair. That's why I'm curious to read the actual wording of the TSB.

5 hours ago, fish_guru said:

I totally agree with the waiting thing. I've been following this thread since it's inception but haven't posted until a fix was in simply because I didn't have any of the same symptoms you guys have had.

I'm just worried that if I bring it in there without it making noise GM is not going to approve a warranty repair. That's why I'm curious to read the actual wording of the TSB.

I understand. My dealership is pretty good about honoring the bulletins. It should mention the specific axle RPO (SU4) and for my dealer that would probably be enough for them to fix it. I would think the play in it alone would be enough.

My dealership was not allowed to order my parts to fix it because I had filed a complaint with the BBB. Irony at its finest. I’ve had transmission problems as well as lifters collapsing and a minor seat rattle. Wanted a buyback but have been turned down twice. If I was GM I wouldn’t want to buy my truck back either. I have zero confidence in GM taking care of their customers. This purchase has been a nightmare 

1 hour ago, lworley said:

My dealership was not allowed to order my parts to fix it because I had filed a complaint with the BBB. Irony at its finest. I’ve had transmission problems as well as lifters collapsing and a minor seat rattle. Wanted a buyback but have been turned down twice. If I was GM I wouldn’t want to buy my truck back either. I have zero confidence in GM taking care of their customers. This purchase has been a nightmare 

So now they wont fix it all?  Do you have to wait until the BBB claim is over?  what happens if the truck has some sort of failure that leaves it undriveable? 

1 hour ago, lworley said:

That is against the law, even if you have a lawyer hired and pursuing Lemon Law, they still have to fix the truck, especially if a fix becomes available like this.  I would take all of this and go get a good Lemon Law lawyer and you'll be squared away.

13 hours ago, derek01f said:

That is against the law, even if you have a lawyer hired and pursuing Lemon Law, they still have to fix the truck, especially if a fix becomes available like this.  I would take all of this and go get a good Lemon Law lawyer and you'll be squared away.

I have been in touch with an attorney and I guess I'm hoping GM will make it right without having to go that route.  I more than have enough prerequisites to go the lemon law way and I can't figure why GM wouldn't just get me a new truck instead of turning me against them and losing a customer.  Now I just want my money back and get out of my loan with GM.  I loved all my Silverados but will most likely never buy another one.  

7 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

Dealership called me today. They have the parts and are ready for my appointment tomorrow morning. Super excited. I’ll keep you posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know what the parts consist of?