Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

3 hours ago, Wheelguy said:

Can't speak for others but your sound seems to be louder than the odd tink tink tink sound I was hearing on the loaner which I was driving and suspect was this jingle jingle sound.  It definitely went away in 4WD.  I never noticed the sound you've recorded (if I'm hearing this right on my phone) - I could hear it in the cab without windows down at speed.

IMO, if you read back at the beginning of this thread & see the video posted on imgur - reach under there & grab that bell housing & it slides back & forth then you've probably got the issue & it might not have manifested just yet.  The sound I heard reminded me of very very small rocks (think sand like but fine rocks) pinging underneath - would go away as soon as put in 4WD and come right back in 2WD.

So today after work I put the truck in 4WD truck and it didn't do it. Back to 2WD and did it at take off from a stop. So it may be related.

Anyone have a copy of the TSB details?

4 hours ago, Sin City Trail Boss said:

Is that what you guys are hearing?

My Trail Boss is doing this.

According to my build sheet I do have the SU4 axle. Wonder if mine needs this repair also?

Build date 2/16/19

No. 

Well an update sorta.  Thursday GM called me and told me they were going to replace my truck with a new one of equal feature.  They said they'd call me back today with details but have not heard from them.   Tried calling my rep but no answer and no returned call after leaving a couple of messages.  Thursday during the call they wanted to three way call the BBB and drop my complaint immediately. I told them no and now I'm back to being ignored it seems.  Poor customer service and it doesn't seem to bother them.  I spoke with the lady from the BBB today and she said I had eligible Lemon Law case so I guess that's the route I'm gonna have to go.  Can't believe how long this has gone on and how out of touch the people that can actually really help you are. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2019 at 7:43 PM, Thejet07 said:

So dealer called and said truck is ready for pick up and all is fixed. I had left the motofab level lift kit in the truck and asked them to install it while it’s there. Well when I asked about it just now they said they will not install it in fear it will cause problems to the parts they just installed and to other components. Do they not have faith in the fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work at a dealership, not Chevy, we won't install any aftermarket parts. We don't want to liable if they fail or cause other parts to fail which would not be warranty. So no surprise to me.

9 hours ago, lworley said:

Well an update sorta.  Thursday GM called me and told me they were going to replace my truck with a new one of equal feature.  They said they'd call me back today with details but have not heard from them.   Tried calling my rep but no answer and no returned call after leaving a couple of messages.  Thursday during the call they wanted to three way call the BBB and drop my complaint immediately. I told them no and now I'm back to being ignored it seems.  Poor customer service and it doesn't seem to bother them.  I spoke with the lady from the BBB today and she said I had eligible Lemon Law case so I guess that's the route I'm gonna have to go.  Can't believe how long this has gone on and how out of touch the people that can actually really help you are. 

They're not gonna make it easy, they don't want to buy your truck back. They lose money and the BBB complaint looks bad for them. I believe a new truck for dropping the BBB case is a fair deal, if you still have the BBB case open they have nothing to lose to take it to court. And they have good lawyers.

I work at a dealership, not Chevy, we won't install any aftermarket parts. We don't want to liable if they fail or cause other parts to fail which would not be warranty. So no surprise to me.

They told me when I picked up the truck that they would install the parts but for me to wait a few thousand miles to see if the noise comes back before doing anything. I understand either way.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

Well after a little over 300 miles the noise is back. I’m soo done

Dang! That sucks. What work was done to yours?

I am taking mine in soon for this. Mine doesn't sound like a jingle, its a clicking sound but I think its related since whenever I engage 4Wd it goes away.

On 8/19/2019 at 12:35 PM, Wheelguy said:

Can't speak for others but your sound seems to be louder than the odd tink tink tink sound I was hearing on the loaner which I was driving and suspect was this jingle jingle sound.  It definitely went away in 4WD.  I never noticed the sound you've recorded (if I'm hearing this right on my phone) - I could hear it in the cab without windows down at speed.

IMO, if you read back at the beginning of this thread & see the video posted on imgur - reach under there & grab that bell housing & it slides back & forth then you've probably got the issue & it might not have manifested just yet.  The sound I heard reminded me of very very small rocks (think sand like but fine rocks) pinging underneath - would go away as soon as put in 4WD and come right back in 2WD.

So I went under and grabbed the shaft, and it does move forward and back. Is this not supposed to happen?

I didn't hear any clicking or noises while doing it though. 

Edited by Sin City Trail Boss

5 minutes ago, morriseau said:

That’s the exact same sound I have but it quieter hearing from the inside of the truck and that it’s coming from the driver side dash area. Driving me nuts.

Do you have the jingle or clicking like mine?

50 minutes ago, Sin City Trail Boss said:

So I went under and grabbed the shaft, and it does move forward and back. Is this not supposed to happen?

I didn't hear any clicking or noises while doing it though. 

I'm not sure if it's supposed to happen or not - doesn't seem to me like it would be something sensible but I'm not a mechanic either.  Just referencing what was a supposed symptom.

I'm just letting you know the specifics others have reported & what I experienced & heard in the loaner I was driving for 3 weeks.  I didn't grab the bell housing to check it, but I did test the 4WD portion & the sound I heard went away in 2WD so I jumped to the conclusion it was the same thing.  Your sound, if what I was hearing in the video is "the sound" about which you're concerned (the clinking), isn't what I would ever classify as a jingle and I didn't have to stop & go to make it happen in the loaner.  For me, it happened at speed while driving around and was a consistent sound, meaning it keeps happening without ever braking.

At the same time, I can't say for sure your sound isn't related to everyone else's concerns.  Make sense?  If you're truly worried about it, take it into the dealership and at least get a diagnosis - maybe it's something completely different, which is very possible, and they can fix it.  Sure, it's a PITA but knowing what it is and the status of the problem might give you a bit of relief if it's really getting to you, which I can completely understand.  Just trying to help you self diagnose if that's what you're after.  Ultimately, it's up to you.

I wish I could help you more - I'm experiencing annoying/concerning noises myself but they've been diagnosed (dated 10/2018) and GM still hasn't found a solution for it (see thread/URL below for that one).  In that thread, the OP described similar sounds and conditions which I heard but the causes of the sounds were completely different.  The OP in that thread has yet to reference anything other than a transmission planetary gear, so not much info I could pass along to my dealer or info on what led to them pointing to the transmission.  My dealer used chassis ears to find my chirping sound (which could resemble a belt a bit) and it was a completely different area causing the sound (supposedly).

Edited by Wheelguy