Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

6 minutes ago, Sin City Trail Boss said:

I did. I have SU4

Not meant for you - I know you checked.  Others were questioning which trim levels were affected.  I believe the original TSB stated a specific axle RPO - not sure if that's trim level specific or not (I would doubt it).

Ok so service manager said he’s “seen” the bulletin but apparently has not had any trucks come in for this issue. I find that hard to believe since I live in Fort Worth and this is literally truck town but who knows maybe people just haven’t been paying attention. They gave me a loaner and said he’d move me to the top since I literally just bought it Monday but could be a few days. It sucks I only got to enjoy it 2 days. I just hope they really fix it. 

6 minutes ago, atst2000 said:

Ok so service manager said he’s “seen” the bulletin but apparently has not had any trucks come in for this issue. I find that hard to believe since I live in Fort Worth and this is literally truck town but who knows maybe people just haven’t been paying attention. They gave me a loaner and said he’d move me to the top since I literally just bought it Monday but could be a few days. It sucks I only got to enjoy it 2 days. I just hope they really fix it. 

Keep us posted!

I just dropped mine off today.

I sent them the TSB and also three videos I took clearly demonstrating the problem.

I told them I don't care how long it takes, I just want it fixed right. 

We'll see

Anyone that's had the "fix" done and had to go back, have any updates yet?

Mine is in the shop now. I sent the foreman an e-mail asking to see if they could replace my AAM axle for the GM made one, but no response yet.

They've had the truck all day yesterday and today and no update yet.

Had mine done last Friday and Tuesday I took a longer trip and the noise was back within 50 miles. I've notified my dealer and they're going to contact gm.

6 minutes ago, RAYS B4U said:

Had mine done last Friday and Tuesday I took a longer trip and the noise was back within 50 miles. I've notified my dealer and they're going to contact gm.

Jesus. That's what I'm afraid off.

I wonder if they put another AAM made axle in there.

I asked them to use a GM made one. Who knows if they'll actually do it.

Edited by Sin City Trail Boss
  • Like 1

Well I spoke to corporate today and they said they’re going to have an engineer take a look at my truck since the repair didn’t work and I’m stilling having other issues. They asked if the dealership called me this past week, of course not. I asked about my buyback request and they said the engineer is part of their decision. It’s funny how this will be adding more time putting my truck well past the allotted lemon law time in my state. I told gm stop wasting my time and deny me or not. They refuse to answer. This is also my second buyback request, first being denied. I thought I was going to just deal with it when the fix came out. But now, with all the other issues I’m having plus this it’s not cool anymore. I’m done with this truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Thejet07 said:

Well I spoke to corporate today and they said they’re going to have an engineer take a look at my truck since the repair didn’t work and I’m stilling having other issues. They asked if the dealership called me this past week, of course not. I asked about my buyback request and they said the engineer is part of their decision. It’s funny how this will be adding more time putting my truck well past the allotted lemon law time in my state. I told gm stop wasting my time and deny me or not. They refuse to answer. This is also my second buyback request, first being denied. I thought I was going to just deal with it when the fix came out. But now, with all the other issues I’m having plus this it’s not cool anymore. I’m done with this truck

Sucks man.

What other issues you having?

Radio replaced because it keeps blacking out. It’s happening again. Steering column replaced because of loud noise. That’s also happening again. My brakes vibrate and clunk like the abs is kicking in. It’s very strange. Lastly, I’m starting to get this loud noise when my ac is on. Happens randomly but when it does it sounds like a plane is flying over and I could feel it throughout the truck. That just started.