Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

10 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

Radio replaced because it keeps blacking out. It’s happening again. Steering column replaced because of loud noise. That’s also happening again. My brakes vibrate and clunk like the abs is kicking in. It’s very strange. Lastly, I’m starting to get this loud noise when my ac is on. Happens randomly but when it does it sounds like a plane is flying over and I could feel it throughout the truck. That just started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that sucks man!

You definitely got a lemon and GM needs to make it right.

20 hours ago, Sin City Trail Boss said:

Anyone that's had the "fix" done and had to go back, have any updates yet?

Mine is in the shop now. I sent the foreman an e-mail asking to see if they could replace my AAM axle for the GM made one, but no response yet.

They've had the truck all day yesterday and today and no update yet.

Is there a part number for the GM axle that someone could get off their truck? 

I think i have the AAM axle but have to co firm when I get my RPO codes. I crawled under the truck and I see a tag on the axle that says AAHD with part number 84557635. At this point I am assuming AAHD translates somehow to AAM.

i grabbed the drivers CV and while I couldn’t get and lateral movement (in and out) I was able to shake it up and down and side to side movement and there is a clicking.

Edited by Z06JPB

On 8/28/2019 at 8:23 AM, atst2000 said:

Had read somebody on here over 4 times and looking into lemon law. Just looking for insight on this since mine is so new (build date 06/19). Thanks. 

That would be me My BBB arbitration will be on September 12th keep you all posted.

• Like 1

By the way a GM PiP is NOT the same as a TSB. The PIP only tells the service department they are aware of the problem and a fix is pending. A TSB is a bulletin telling Dealers a fix is finalized and in place. So If there is a TSB on this issue who has the number.?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ILSilverado said:

By the way a GM PiP is NOT the same as a TSB. The PIP only tells the service department they are aware of the problem and a fix is pending. A TSB is a bulletin telling Dealers a fix is finalized and in place. So If there is a TSB on this issue who has the number.?

Interesting. I did not know that. Maybe an actual TSB isn't out yet then? 

Ok so got an update. The SA at the dealership said that GM knows of the “new fix” and that the part is completely out of stock. They are making new ones and can take up to a month for my dealer to get it in. He ordered for me but said they are sure this will fix it. I asked if it was the axle and he said he didn’t know because when he put in the order the picture was blank and description lol. 

Hopefully this is the fix we’ve all been waiting for. I decided to get my truck back and wait for the part since I’ve only enjoyed it two days. 

Hope this helps you guys. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, atst2000 said:

Ok so got an update. The SA at the dealership said that GM knows of the “new fix” and that the part is completely out of stock. They are making new ones and can take up to a month for my dealer to get it in. He ordered for me but said they are sure this will fix it. I asked if it was the axle and he said he didn’t know because when he put in the order the picture was blank and description lol. 

Hopefully this is the fix we’ve all been waiting for. I decided to get my truck back and wait for the part since I’ve only enjoyed it two days. 

Great news! Thank you. Mine is at the dealership now. Been there 3 days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, atst2000 said:

Do have the part(s) info you could share?

i got the RPO codes from my dealer today and sure as luck, I do have the SU4 front. I have a feeling the rattle I have is only the beginning of what most of you all have experienced already. I only have 2600 miles on my truck and it was a 11/2018 production. Everything on the truck has been solid so far except for this axle problem.

Edited by Z06JPB
Date

5 minutes ago, Z06JPB said:

Do have the part(s) info you could share?

i got the RPO codes from my dealer today and sure as luck, I do have the SU4 front. I have a feeling the rattle I have is only the beginning of what most of you all have experienced already. I only have 2600 miles on my truck and it was a 11/2019 production. Everything on the truck has been solid so far except for this axle problem.

Unfortunately not. I tried but all he said was GM doesn’t have it and won’t for a little while. Haven’t checked my build sheet but I’m sure it’s an SU4.  As soon as they call me that the part is in I’ll let you guys know.   Oddly enough mine was built 06/19 but you’d think with all these issues, they would've fix it moving forward but I guess not. 

10 minutes ago, atst2000 said:

Unfortunately not. I tried but all he said was GM doesn’t have it and won’t for a little while. Haven’t checked my build sheet but I’m sure it’s an SU4.  As soon as they call me that the part is in I’ll let you guys know.   Oddly enough mine was built 06/19 but you’d think with all these issues, they would've fix it moving forward but I guess not. 

Thanks for the info. I bring mine truck in next week so can listen to the Noise. I'm hoping they have a fix by the October im planning a 2500 trip and don't want to listen to this annoying jingle for the trip.

10 minutes ago, atst2000 said:

Sounds good. Much appreciated.

The diversity among production dates just shows that there is a major defect with the way AAM is producing these axles. I only hope that the “fix” is an actual fix this time and not just another patch deal. 

Up up until this point, the only real fix would be having the AAM axle swapped for a GM axle. GM doesn’t want to go this route because one, the RPO codes would have to be swapped from SU4 to SU5 (not even sure if this is possible in the system) and two, all production of AAM axles would have to stop and only GM axles used for current production which would be a logistical nightmare.

On a side note, I looked up the cost on a replacement AAM front axle, which is probably similar to a GM axle (I don’t have the part number for a GM axle). It’s $1750 msrp and $1080 wholesale through GMpartsdirect and others. If worse came to worse, I’d be buying a new GM axle if this new fix doesn’t work.

56 minutes ago, Z06JPB said:

I only have 2600 miles on my truck and it was a 11/2019 production.

Might want to check that date again...11/2019 hasn’t arrived yet.

If you want a build sheet with all RPO codes, you can email [email protected] & request the build sheet for your VIN. I did this on a weekday & had a reply in a few hours.

Edited by Wheelguy
  • Like 1

Well...... Not fixed.

So I went to go pickup my truck and was told that they ordered the axle but its back-ordered.

I was told that they will be replacing it with another AAM made axle because that's all GM will authorize.

They are supposed to call me when the axle is in to complete the repair.

I was able to get a copy of the bulletin. I will post it here.

Thinking of call GM and starting a case with them. See if I can get them to apply the new fix.

I have done multiple visits now and getting tired of having to go through this on a brand new vehicle.

Scan_0001.jpg

Scan_0002.jpg

Edited by Sin City Trail Boss