Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

There is a new revision to the PIP document.  It is PIP5653-G.

Link is here: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10178378-9999.pdf

The new fix includes changing the stub axle and adding an o-ring underneath the retention clip.  It appears the retention clip isn't high enough to prevent lateral motion that causes the axle to make contact with the center diff pin.

I am working with my dealer to get the fix done to mine.  They said parts are on back order and it should be a week or two before they have everything to fix it.  But I will say mine knew exactly what was needed and didn't make me bring it in for an inspection which was huge to me to avoid wasting time for them to then have to order the parts.

Until til then call me Santa Claus as I jingle down the road.... SMH.

Do not expect the most recent fix to work. They replaced my stub shaft with the updated parts. Fix lasted about 800 miles.

33 days out of service in the first year, GM refuses to buy it back.

Allowed them a final repair attempt. It failed. GM is trying for a second Final repair attempt. What part of the Final repair attempt do they not understand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like GM would get this issue figured out to avoid buybacks..... this crap is uncalled for. I had my 2019 bought back and replaced with a new 2020 and its doing the same d@mn thing. pisses me off to no end.

Edited by Aycock1987

Here is a good clip of the axle noise..  dealership tried to tell me it was possible wind noise with an occasional chirp.  Skip to 3 minutes.   

While driving you do not really hear the grinding noise.  Just the high pitched squeak.  Guess the active noise cancellation works well.

It’s sad I had to go out and buy a go pro to do the dealers job. I’m so sick and tired of the horrible customer service from GM. We are not customers just peasants that should enjoy the privilege of driving their garbage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aycock1987 said:

Wish me luck. Just called dealership to order the repair kit. Worth a shot

I'm waiting on parts as well.  Apparently the axle is on back order.  

After driving it last weekend I got mad and called GM Customer Service.  Told them the issues I had experienced in the 900 miles of owning the truck.  

They passed me off to a senior advisor who finally called me today after 6 days.  I politely but firmly let them have it.  I told them the fact that they are still pushing trucks to the lots out of factories when customers are waiting on parts to fix their vehicles is bullshit.

Also told them I'm aware of buy backs on trucks because of this issue and that I am documenting everything, and I'm well versed in my state's law and this is their first attempt to repair.

I am supposed to be getting updates every other day on the parts tracking status.  I'm sure as others have dealt with this is a lot of hot air, but right now it's the only thing I can do to keep pressure on them.

Good luck!

Edited by Mcropper514
typo