Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

1 minute ago, Taren23 said:

I was just being slightly dramatic haha. Mine made the noises turning left / right and after 4WD disengagement. I will continue to test the "fix" hoping for the best. The dealership didn't really help me out with the work order. I had a three page work order that basically looks like I only had one visit...

Hahah, yeah my dealer put everything on one RO but it had dates on it that showed that it wasn’t just one visit. I’m just waiting till an actual fix comes out to do anything else regarding a repair. I had the slinger, bearing, and clip replaced back in June, which did nothing. I have been back and forth, like others, with GM over the matter. Still love the truck though.

So I'm about 500  miles out from getting the new shaft and O-Ring fix done on my 2020 1500, and so far I haven't herd the noise. But its also getting chilly here in Wisconsin so I'm not driving with all my windows down all the time like before. I could still hear it before with my windows up just quieter obviously, but so far so good.

22 hours ago, Jetblackz28 said:

So I'm about 500  miles out from getting the new shaft and O-Ring fix done on my 2020 1500, and so far I haven't herd the noise. But its also getting chilly here in Wisconsin so I'm not driving with all my windows down all the time like before. I could still hear it before with my windows up just quieter obviously, but so far so good.

Yeah, no you have a rubber o ring where one shouldn’t be. It’s going to eventually break down and fall apart due to heat.

6 minutes ago, Otherguy said:

Yeah, no you have a rubber o ring where one shouldn’t be. It’s going to eventually break down and fall apart due to heat.

Yeah I know, I'm just waiting for it to disintegrate. I was messing around the other day and put it in 4x4 and accelerated quickly. I started to smell a funky rubber burning smell. So I'm sure its only a matter of time especially as we are getting into winter and I'll have 4x4 engaged more often.

Edited by Jetblackz28

So I noticed yesterday on my way home that I can hear the noise again. So it only lasted about a month before it came back. 

What have been peoples experience with brining there truck back again once the noise has come back? Will the dealership even do anything for me?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 11:42 AM, AJMBLAZER said:

Last Wednesday my '19 had the front stub shaft replaced under warranty.  So far no noise.  I'll know soon because I put 200-300 miles per week on it, mostly highway.

It'll come back. Mine only lasted about 500 miles. So far since its been cold here in Wisconsin the noise only presents itself after driving for a while. More than I typically do in my day to day driving. I figure come spring(warmer weather) when the noise comes back at a more regular frequency I'll take it back in. I just don't have the time to make an appointment and then go drive the truck for a hour or more just to get the noise back to show the tech.

Have to see.  Something was out of round or damaged when they installed the new stub shaft and my truck was spewing gear oil all over the undersides within a few days.

Back in at the dealership to get that replaced and I'm in a 4cyl turbo loaner for the meanwhile.

Just a little update. Going on 7 months fighting GM. Completely fed up with this Silverado. Noise gets worse every 1000 miles. Just waiting for the darn truck to fall apart or a critical failure at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well add me to the list of people with the Jingle jingle.  2020 6.2L RST Z71 here.  I bought the truck in August of 2020 and it has 3600 miles on it.  This is the first issue I've had with this truck.  My first truck was a 2019 5.2L LT Z71that was having the 8-speed hard shifts.  I've always wanted a Silverado, yay me! lol

Build Date: 07/06/2020

Build Plant: Z

Front Axle: SU4

Edited by Philipgonzales3
Added info

On 11/22/2020 at 1:02 PM, AJMBLAZER said:

Have to see.  Something was out of round or damaged when they installed the new stub shaft and my truck was spewing gear oil all over the undersides within a few days.

Back in at the dealership to get that replaced and I'm in a 4cyl turbo loaner for the meanwhile.

4 months, no noise. I do 300+ miles per week.