Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

It's back... after a getting the original repair done in late 2019, the jingle has returned.  went on a road trip from jersey to maine and on the way back i heard the familiar sound.  even the girlfriend confirmed.  time to take it back to the dealer for this and the shitty 8 speed.  the noise is a little more random than it was before, but it definitely stopped as soon as i shifted into 4 wheel auto.  not much hope after the trouble they gave me the first go around... im just about very much so over this truck.

It's a well known issue and GM keeps producing the vehicle without a design fix. I have a 20' ltz 6.2 fully loaded with the same issue. GM as of my recurrence in July will not even attempt a fix until another "fix" is approved. The 21' was produced with the same design, so I imagine they will continue to produce this design until people quit buying. The refusal to fix until a enineering solution shields them from the lemon law. 

23 hours ago, njrado4x4 said:

It's back... after a getting the original repair done in late 2019, the jingle has returned.  went on a road trip from jersey to maine and on the way back i heard the familiar sound.  even the girlfriend confirmed.  time to take it back to the dealer for this and the shitty 8 speed.  the noise is a little more random than it was before, but it definitely stopped as soon as i shifted into 4 wheel auto.  not much hope after the trouble they gave me the first go around... im just about very much so over this truck.

Its garbage.  Move on to another brand.  

Are TrailBoss and AT4 owners experiencing this same problem?  Or is it only on trucks with standard ride height?  TB and AT4 have different CV shafts, right?

I'm finally in the market for a new truck and have my eyes set on a new AT4.  Just wondering if this is something I have to look forward to?

Edited by TxTruckMan

6 hours ago, TxTruckMan said:

Are TrailBoss and AT4 owners experiencing this same problem?  Or is it only on trucks with standard ride height?  TB and AT4 have different CV shafts, right?

I'm finally in the market for a new truck and have my eyes set on a new AT4.  Just wondering if this is something I have to look forward to?

This issue only effect trucks with the AAM front axle (SU4) the axle made by GM (SU5) doesn't have the issue. You can tell which axle you have is by the build code or get under the truck and look at the front diff gear housing on the passenger side of the housing you will see a raised embossed stamp that has the GM Mark of excellent logo on the housing towards the top this is the SU5 axle, pretty easy to see with a flashlight.  The AAM axle (SU4) is an outside vendor who makes the axle for GM which has the jingle issue. The SU5 is made by GM that does not have the jingle issue.

16 hours ago, Silverado4x4 said:

This issue only effect trucks with the AAM front axle (SU4) the axle made by GM (SU5) doesn't have the issue. You can tell which axle you have is by the build code or get under the truck and look at the front diff gear housing on the passenger side of the housing you will see a raised embossed stamp that has the GM Mark of excellent logo on the housing towards the top this is the SU5 axle, pretty easy to see with a flashlight.  The AAM axle (SU4) is an outside vendor who makes the axle for GM which has the jingle issue. The SU5 is made by GM that does not have the jingle issue.

Thanks for the info.

I hope everybody gets their problems fixed "quickly."

Dealer had my truck for 2 days. Drove it a total of 90+ miles and could not duplicate sound. They were stumped because I sent them this video as proof... They are an awesome dealership and do everything to help me out so cant wait to go back to them with this TSB. Here is the video that captures the sound pretty well, I notice it most on hot 80-90 degree days after driving for about 30-45 mins...also tested pushing 4wd auto and it goes away. Has anyone had this successfully fixed?

2 hours ago, blackout881 said:

Dealer had my truck for 2 days. Drove it a total of 90+ miles and could not duplicate sound. They were stumped because I sent them this video as proof... They are an awesome dealership and do everything to help me out so cant wait to go back to them with this TSB. Here is the video that captures the sound pretty well, I notice it most on hot 80-90 degree days after driving for about 30-45 mins...also tested pushing 4wd auto and it goes away. Has anyone had this successfully fixed?

Don’t get your hopes up. I bought my truck in April of 2019, first reported the issue in may/June of 2019 and was told the dealership was waiting for a repair from GM. Finally got the truck “fixed” in September of 2019, fast forward to this past month, and the issue has returned. GM has had over 2 years to figure out how to fix the problem, I have zero confidence they will do so at this point. Sad thing is they continue putting an axle in brand new vehicles two model years later, knowing full well that it has this issue. Shame shame. 

Hey does anyone know if this is happening to 2021? I'm pretty pissed I have a 2019 Denial after 15 YEARS of driving my prior truck I finally upgraded and now I can't get in without hearing a squeaking noise. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a FERD but I love the 6.2 and Denali trim. Anyone know if the 21's are experiencing the same thing? 

Also my front driver side tire has been thrown out of balance multiple times, so their claim "does not damage the ride" is BS.

Thanks 

Edited by AnthonyH
spelling

2 minutes ago, AnthonyH said:

Hey does anyone know if this is happening to 2021? I'm pretty pissed I have a 2019 Denial after 15 YEARS of driving my prior truck I finally upgraded and now I can't get in without hearing a squeeing noise. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a FERD but I love the 6.2 and Denali trim. Anyone know if the 21's are experiencing the same thing? 

Also my front driver side tire has been thrown out of balance multiple times, so their claim "does not damage the ride" is BS.

Thanks 

Doesn't look good. I drove 100 miles yesterday and I could hear the chirp and then hear it even louder when it bounced off of other cars going by. Some of us are hoping guys like you with higher end vehicles will help push things along. It's nuts to me there isn't a fix yet. They have tried in the past, so I'll hold out hope they're still trying. I love the truck. Baby Duramax here. 

1 hour ago, AnthonyH said:

Hey does anyone know if this is happening to 2021? I'm pretty pissed I have a 2019 Denial after 15 YEARS of driving my prior truck I finally upgraded and now I can't get in without hearing a squeaking noise. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a FERD but I love the 6.2 and Denali trim. Anyone know if the 21's are experiencing the same thing? 

Thanks 

According to the service bulletin PIP-5653K, 2021 Sierra and Silverado 1500’s are included. I guess the only way around it would be to ask for a build sheet from your dealer and make sure it has the SU5 axle rather than the SU4 before you buy. Still deciding what I should do with my 2019