Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

I’ve got a ‘21 LT 1500 with same exact issues, and it has the SU4 Code. Noticed the ticking more or less around 1500 miles. But it would come and go. Now at 8k miles, there’s no missing it.

I thought the jingle/tick was normal noise being the engine itself is already loud but that jingle and tick has turned into binding, clunking and thumping, all from the front diff. I thought it might have been the axles, but they are actually ok. I found play on the inner driver side. You guessed it, at the seal area. It moves so much it’s like there is another joint behind the seal. My guess is that whatever that issue may be is causing my clunking upon bumps and turning, and it’s weird that it only does it if I turn hard before ‘warming up’ (Ex. Backing out of driveway in the morning) OR it happens consistently at every turn after ‘warm up’, so often it makes driving through lots and parking embarrassing.

I have the trailboss lift, and ready lift level.  Explained to ready lift the issue and they state their lift is completely compliant even with the TB lift added and should any issue arise with me and my warranty because said level that I can have the dealer contact them directly. And since it is a published bulletin, it acknowledges that GM is aware that the SU4 code has been an issue for some trucks regardless.

contacted my dealer’s service department before bringing in my truck, the advisor is speaking with his warranty consultant now as he hasn’t heard of any trucks come back to them with issues concerning the front differential (SU4). 

Hopefully this issue goes smooth. Love the truck but hate this issue. Just want it working right.

Edited by Kenster113

• 2 weeks later...

So after many months, lawyers, and fighting with GM my nightmare is finally over.

With just days remaining before court I received a buyback offer.

I loved my Silverado for over 18 months, but GM’s inability to fix this issue was enough to make me move on.

I wish all others that are experiencing these issues the best of luck and pray a real fix is on its way to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, jqcitizen said:

So after many months, lawyers, and fighting with GM my nightmare is finally over.

With just days remaining before court I received a buyback offer.

I loved my Silverado for over 18 months, but GM’s inability to fix this issue was enough to make me move on.

I wish all others that are experiencing these issues the best of luck and pray a real fix is on its way to you.

Ya, they dropped the ball on this gen, was looking forward to it

• 2 weeks later...

So I posted on the last page about hearing the noise.  So I went to the dealer today and one of the techs or whatever drove it.  The dealer told me the noise is a hub bearing and will order the part and replace it.  This is what I wrote when I scheduled the appointment, but of course when I get there they ask for all my information again.  I did not reference the PIP below in person as from past experience they just ignore it and say they have to do their own diagnostic, which I totally understand. 

Screenshot_20210405-182522_Gmail.thumb.jpg.f6340fbdc8278dce33b28d8fadc9995f.jpg

Since my dealer is about 20 miles away I decided to try and get some video of the noise on the way home.  What do you think?  Bearing or the dreaded jingle?  First video is from my dash cam, so audio kind of sucks.  Sorry best video's I could get so far.  

https://youtube.com/shorts/rrNFv8L77eA?feature=share

8 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

Hard to tell but if you go underneath there’s a bell shaped housing on your axle. If you could pull it back and forth it’s most likely the jingle.

Yeah there is a lot of play, but I thought I had read even the GM differentials, with no noise had the same play.  But here is the play in mine.  Guess I will know soon enough.  

Gm finally acknowledged the issue after I strapped a gopro to the drivers shock, pointed at the axle where it meets the tranfer case..

You would not believe all the other sounds it picks up under there.

Well surprise surprise (sarcasm), the dealer replaced the drivers side front wheel bearing and seals and what not on Friday and of course that did not fix the noise.  I have another appointment set up for Monday.  I was able to get better audio, I think partly because the noise seems to be getting louder!  I'm going to make sure I specifically mention this PIP bulletin or whatever to point these boneheads in the right direction.  https://www.carcomplaints.com/GMC/Sierra_1500/2019/tsbs/tsb-pip5653j.shtml.  My first Chevy and First truck was a 2019 Silverado 5.3L 8-speed LT truck, I traded it to transmission issues because the dealer said it was normal and I didn't feel like hassling with them anymore (also the fact I got what I paid for it after driving it a year).  The only good thing is that supposedly the truck is worth 52K and I paid 48K and I owe 42K, so already thinking it may be less hassle to just trade this darn thing away.  What do you think?  

If that’s your only issue I wouldn’t trade it away. But to each his own. I would schedule a test drive and make sure you drive it for at least a half hour beforehand. The noise is more likely to be prevalent. Show them the slop in the axle as well.

• Like 1