Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd

• 3 weeks later...

Update on my rst, been in the shop for 3 weeks now waiting to get the back window and new stub shaft in. Supposedly got the stub shaft in 2 weeks ago but hasn’t been installed. Is this normal to wait to put such a simple part in when it’s been there for 3 weeks? The truck is ok but the service departments and customer service has made made regret buying a Chevy. They probably won’t change it and think I won’t notice. Any advice on dealing with crappy service departments?

13 minutes ago, Stiffler said:

Update on my rst, been in the shop for 3 weeks now waiting to get the back window and new stub shaft in. Supposedly got the stub shaft in 2 weeks ago but hasn’t been installed. Is this normal to wait to put such a simple part in when it’s been there for 3 weeks? The truck is ok but the service departments and customer service has made made regret buying a Chevy. They probably won’t change it and think I won’t notice. Any advice on dealing with crappy service departments?

14 minutes ago, Stiffler said:

Find a different dealer. 

The one in my town sucks. So does the GMC dealer. Now we use the dealership south of us about 20 minutes and they’re frankly awesome. 

Edited by AJMBLAZER
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, AJMBLAZER said:

Find a different dealer. 

The one in my town sucks. So does the GMC dealer. Now we use the dealership south of us about 20 minutes and they’re frankly awesome. 

Been to two of them and both are pathetic. The next one is about an hour from where I live. The ford and Toyota dealership are owned by the same people.  Toyota is good and the ford service dept was excellent     Unfortunately I will never buy another gm product based solely on how pathetic the after purchase care has been. I’ll be calling them today to find out why the shaft has not been put in 

Quick update.  After some back and forth with my dealership I was able to convince them to do the repair even though they insisted it wasn't possible because I had the GM suspension lift added to the truck and this TSB "was not authorized for Trail Boss models and models with GM suspension lift".  Thanks to this forum I was able to show them that the stub shaft is the repair for the TSB and unrelated to the CV axle replacement for the GM suspension lift.

They quickly understood, ordered the part, and one week later it came in for installation in same day of service.  I then tested it out by making a 3,000 mile roundtrip visit to Colorado.  Ambient temperatures over 60°.  Can say that so far there isn't any noise.  Hopefully it stays that way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Stiffler said:

Just picked mine up they got it done, 40 minute drive home and no noise at 73 degrees. Let’s hope it keeps up

Glad to hear you finally got it resolved with the dealership.  Hopefully you never need to visit them again.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My 2019 had this issue and was repaired around 4,000 miles. The noise went away for a while but now at 38,000 miles the noise is back. My dealer is booked up till 7/26 so taking it back that day for diagnosis. Is the current repair a new stub shaft or just new parts for the old one? Plan to request a new one. 

also, think I’m starting to have oil consumption issues. Oil warning came on at 35,000 miles and it turned out i was two quarts low. Topped off and took in for oil change and ~2,500 miles later one quart low. Never had this happen in any vehicle that I have owned.

• 3 months later...

I have 19 model w 102k miles on it. Been doing the rattle for a while in 2nd. Definitely waaay out of warranty. Lol. What’s the stub shaft repair involve?  Is it something I can do on my own?  I have some mechanical sense.