2020 Sierra 1500 Updates. Make U Wish You Had Waited?

21 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

I would think those wanting to trade so soon will take a pretty hefty hit.

Although "downgrading" from Denali to a Trail Boss may not be bad.

My buddy recently traded his LT TB (he ordered it in May/June 2018, took delivery late August) with 9K miles for around $47K. Not bad at all. He got an AT4. 

Edited by econometrics

9 minutes ago, econometrics said:

My buddy recently traded his LT TB (he got it in May/June 2018) with 9K miles for around $47K. Not bad at all. He got an AT4. 

How could that be?

The 2019 GM T1 trucks were not available in May or June 2018, as Crew Cab build dates started in August 2018 with Double Cabs following.

5 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

How could that be?

The 2019 GM T1 trucks were not available in May or June 2018, as Crew Cab build dates started in August 2018 with Double Cabs following.

Sorry. Meant ordered in May/June, got it in late August. 

1 hour ago, econometrics said:

At least RAM has a respectable V8 option. With Ford, it’s the turbo 3.5L that sounds like a 5 year old belching when you stand on the gas, or an outdated and boring 5.0L V8 that is growing in detest with its owners. 

Lol. Yes the 3.5 sounds like crap but has the most power and torque of any halfton. 

Outdated 5.0 ? They just updated it.  Has more power and torque then the 5.3 gm makes. Yes it has some odd noises /issues but every truck has issues.  By the way the ram and 5.0 f150 run very similar times 0-60 loaded and unloaded. So what makes ram more respectable ? Ohh I get it. You hate ford. ??

Edited by f8l vnm

3 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Lol. Yes the 3.5 sounds like crap but has the most power and torque of any halfton. 

Outdated 5.0 ? They just updated it.  Has more power and torque then the 5.3 gm makes. Yes it has some odd noises /issues but every truck has issues.  By the way the ram and 5.0 f150 run very similar times 0-60 loaded and unloaded. So what makes ram more respectable ? Ohh I get it. You hate ford. ??

I don’t hate Ford at all. They make good trucks. 

I would never drive one, though. ? 

7 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

And you only have to spend 70 grand to get that version, unless you find one of the very few Raptors without 802A. Also, the best in class power and torque are somewhat meaningless for truck purposes when neither the Raptor nor the Limited have very impressive towing or payload limits.

I’m biased of course, but GM wins this round, especially in 2020 with making the 6.2 available across a wider range of trims.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

I’m biased of course, but GM wins this round, especially in 2020 with making the 6.2 available across a wider range of trims.

Yep. Ford needs to bring that 6.2L V8 back. 

I have to admit that the 3.5L Ecoboost momentarily had my attention when I was researching an upgrade from my 2007 LT CC a few months ago. But then my right mind came back when I realized that if I was buying a truck, I wanted some good ole' fashioned V8 growl when I mashed the pedal. 

I think GM is (rightly) seeing that truck buyers want the big V8s again, since MPG is so close between that and the turbo 4/6 cylinders. 

Living in a wealthier area of DFW, the #1 group of people I see driving Ecoboosts - especially Raptors - are spoiled, wealthy-parent high school kids. Lol

5 minutes ago, econometrics said:

Living in a wealthier area of DFW, the #1 group of people I see driving Ecoboosts - especially Raptors - are spoiled, wealthy-parent high school kids. Lol

Sounds like a Section of Kansas not far from where I am.

In fact, I believe that is where Lori Loughlin resides LOL 

Oh and Mahomes as well :thumbs:

Edited by Sierra Dan
  • Haha 1

I just bought a custom trailboss. I feel about sick. Unfortunately the tax is so bad In California I would be blowing 8k in tax since California taxes you twice on autosales.

• Like 1

I just bought a custom trailboss. I feel about sick. Unfortunately the tax is so bad In California I would be blowing 8k in tax since California taxes you twice on autosales.

Keep it a few years and trade it on the 2021 mid-cycle refresh if you must. The 6.2 is great but it would be hard as hell for me to justify trading a brand new truck for anything, let alone just an engine.

Either way it’s a losing game. Some people who bought 19s are kicking themselves over the 20, and the people who buy the 20 will probably kick themselves when the 21’s info starts to leak out 9 months from now...
  • Like 1

After this info, now i do wish i had waited. I should have known GM would have done something like this, this really irks me. I could careless about the 5.3 getting the 10speed but the 6.2 really does it for the LT TB.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk