2015 Silverado brake replacement- police package?

My brakes are squealing, and have been for a while. I took my truck in and was told there is some uneven spots on the rotors but it doesnt affect function, it's just annoying. Well, I'm tired of it. I'm at 45k and its probably close enough.

So as per my lurking, I think I want to go with the police package brakes. Anyone who has these, will they affect braking in the cold/snow/wet or while towing?

I was looking at this thread below and someone linked a photo of the parts from rockauto. It shows a couple different parts for the front pads and rotors and rear pads and rotors- do I want bendix, raybestos, or acdelco when I have an option? Are the prices for the rotors per rotor (vs per pair)?

This is the first time I've done brakes. Any tips? I have a 2015 Silverado ltz z71 4wd.

Thanks!

• Like 1

My brakes are squealing, and have been for a while. I took my truck in and was told there is some uneven spots on the rotors but it doesnt affect function, it's just annoying. Well, I'm tired of it. I'm at 45k and its probably close enough.

So as per my lurking, I think I want to go with the police package brakes. Anyone who has these, will they affect braking in the cold/snow/wet or while towing?

I was looking at this thread below and someone linked a photo of the parts from rockauto. It shows a couple different parts for the front pads and rotors and rear pads and rotors- do I want bendix, raybestos, or acdelco when I have an option? Are the prices for the rotors per rotor (vs per pair)?

This is the first time I've done brakes. Any tips? I have a 2015 Silverado ltz z71 4wd.

Thanks!

Definitely let me know what you find and how it works out because I’m looking to get my brakes done very soon.

Sent via my cellular device utilizing a chat forum thingy!

Fleet options can be different and not fit regular production vehicles without costly mods.  Case in point, we had work trucks that were fleet & special order, k2500 'burbans.  My suburban needed new brakes/rotors,drums at around 100,000 miles.  Took it to the dealer, they ordered parts not realizing in was F&SO and the parts would not fit.  Long story short, everything was a little different, bigger rotors and drums and off course a lot more expensive to the tune of $3,000 parts & labor.   Chevy built the 2500 DOT fleet vehicles on a 3500 chassis but the truck was badged a 2500 (4x4).

Ps SInce it was a DOT vehicle only certified brake technicians could service and the parts had to also be certified.

Edited by elcamino

I am running the Ray Bestos police pads and rotors on my 14.  It’s nice and quiet and stops on a dime, my only complaint is the brake dust is sort of excessive.  

I am running the Ray Bestos police pads and rotors on my 14.  It’s nice and quiet and stops on a dime, my only complaint is the brake dust is sort of excessive.  

What size wheels? I’m running the 17” PPV so hoping it’s not going to be an issue of fitment.

Sent via my cellular device utilizing a chat forum thingy!