Bent Pushrod in 2015 Silverado 6.2l - Undetermined repair time

Hi...I'm new to this forum and hope you guys can help me with your experiences.  My 2015 Silverado LTZ with 6.2l engine developed the dreaded bent pushrod at 26k miles.  It's at the dealer now, has been since last Wednesday (it's Saturday now).  I called them yesterday for an ETA on repairs and they told me that it could take several weeks due to a shortage of pushrods!  They went on to say that GM had zero of them in stock, and there are only two dealers in the entire US that have one each, which are probably spoken for, for a customer's repair.  Sounds like bullshit, but that's what they told me.  It seems to me that they're still building these motors, so they should certainly have pushrods, and should make them available for warranty customers at least.

The truck being my third vehicle, ordinarily the wait time would be irritating but tolerable, BUT I have vacation plans in less than two weeks that will involve pulling my 27' travel trailer for a thousand miles or so.  I have deposits and reservations at a dozen RV parks, and we will be caravaning with friends.

So, my question to you is: What remedies, if any, can I expect from GM under these circumstances?  Is there anything in the warranty about taking a reasonable time for repairs?  Can I expect a replacement vehicle for repair jobs of long duration?  If there are no replacement vehicles, can I expect compensation for a rental?  If none of these are available, can I sue to recapture the cost of renting a replacement tow vehicle?

So is this a warranty covered issue, that is the first question. Because I would have opted for a different set up all together is it wasn't warranty repair. And gm will not give you a truck for your vacation normally however the dealer could let you borrow a truck from the lot if they wish to. I borrowed vechiles for the weekend all the time. Cadillac let me have any GM owned car on the lot. And they put a dealer plate on it and just say go. Well have to go easy in mileage or they have to lose money or list as used.
I would be reaching out to the gm rep on this asap. He makes the call. But I can order push rods today and have them in one day or a few days depending on that option.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The repair is covered under warranty, for sure.  No one at the dealer is disputing that.  How would I contact a GM rep to discuss the vehicle replacement?  Also, you said "I can order pushrods today and have them in one day or a few days"...what do you know that the dealer is not telling me?

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts on this issue.

12619828 is the pushrod.  I'm showing excellent stock at 17 GM warehouses, including my servicing one that has 234.  Good AFM lifter stock as well.

What is your dealer's excuse again? 

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He (dealer service writer) said the parts were not available anywhere in the US...told me some mumbo-jumbo about there being a special team at GM that scours around to find out-of-stock parts and gets them to the dealer quickly when possible.  It sounds like I'm being lied to???  I mean, it's inconceivable with the number of 6.2l motors running around out there that they wouldn't have plenty of replacement parts.

What the writer is saying that when a part is on national back order or some other reason unavailable threw normal channels we do what is called SPAC it. Stands for special parts assistance center, they will check dealers inventory and ask that dealer if he wants to sell it to the dealer that needs it.Happens alot.

Good news and bad news...the good news is that SPAC found a pushrod and it's on its way.  The bad news is that they're going through the same process for the manifold and they have not located one yet.  Remember the good old days, when GM and dealers had plenty of spare parts to service the vehicles they had sold?

The VLOM is the problem.  Backordered.  Newest # is 12688229.  The issue with it, is that its coming from plant 075 Pontiac MI.  Pontiac re-did their computer systems in the end of May/beginning of June and they pretty much wiped the whole plant.  They have TRUCKLOADS of parts they have yet to process, and are so far behind its not funny.  GM keeps giving dealers the runaround too as to when they will have the plant fully operational as well.    

I doubt they had issues with the pushrod per my post and 1SLOW.

Edited by newdude