Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Recommended Posts

I have roughly 56k miles on my truck...don't use 4wd very often, but occasionally...

 

I have noticed i have a clicking sound when turning at slow speeds...I haven't been able to climb underneath my truck yet (not even sure I would be able to tell unless something was blatantly obvious).  I did a search and found some threads about steering column causing a click...it isn't my steering wheel...

 

if it is a CV issues, are these under the power train warranty or am I SOL?  Any advise appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, spenpet said:

I have roughly 56k miles on my truck...don't use 4wd very often, but occasionally...

 

I have noticed i have a clicking sound when turning at slow speeds...I haven't been able to climb underneath my truck yet (not even sure I would be able to tell unless something was blatantly obvious).  I did a search and found some threads about steering column causing a click...it isn't my steering wheel...

 

if it is a CV issues, are these under the power train warranty or am I SOL?  Any advise appreciated!

Not an expert, but from past experience with FWD cars, go under your truck and grab the front drive shafts and see if there is any play/sloppiness in them.

 

Even if you are still in the powertrain warranty range, think you will have a hard time, seeing how it looks like you have a lift on the truck.

 

I would just call your dealer, and get an idea on what you can expect when you take it in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a printed email I have had since around when I purchased my truck... this is from the dealership I purchased and clearly asking if a ‘level kit’ would affect the warranty... and the answer is clearly ‘no.’  

 

Having said that, that’s for the info... I’ll crawl under and give them a good shake and see if they have any play...

85CA0400-BB4C-473B-A3E2-DBC2C0491A3B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, spenpet said:

This is a printed email I have had since around when I purchased my truck... this is from the dealership I purchased and clearly asking if a ‘level kit’ would affect the warranty... and the answer is clearly ‘no.’  

 

Having said that, that’s for the info... I’ll crawl under and give them a good shake and see if they have any play...

85CA0400-BB4C-473B-A3E2-DBC2C0491A3B.jpeg

Good info to have, still thinking CV joints are going to be considered "normal wear" items, hopefully I am wrong if that is the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Good info to have, still thinking CV joints are going to be considered "normal wear" items, hopefully I am wrong if that is the problem.

Pretty sure that's not the case, unless they changed the list of items that are considered wear and tear items and axles should not be one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BIGDOGx said:

Pretty sure that's not the case, unless they changed the list of items that are considered wear and tear items and axles should not be one of them.

Just curious, what is their definition of axles, since the CV joints are attached, and not a fixed item.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By Adam Pirtle
      Ever since my last oil change and recall service to the brake pad sensors, I have been hearing a frequent double popping noise on the right side of my truck, seemingly favoring the front wheel area. This noise is impossible to forcibly repeat, however, like clockwork it always occurs twice (two double pops) on my way to and from work (and yes, the road is absolutely smooth, no bumps or pot holes to cause this). This typically occurs at around 60mpg and every 5-10 miles. Everyone I have talked to including the service department at my local GM have no clue what is going on. The truck will be going into the shop soon for troubleshooting. Any ideas what might be going on? Anyone with a similar issue?
    • By Scotian7
      2019 GMC Canyon all terrain bought in July 2019 with 12000km on it has clicking noise in drivers side between doors around seat belt adjuster (B- pillar area). Had the truck to two separate dealerships 7 times altogether with no success after the dealer trying different things including:
       
      1.Replaced rear side door arm rest cover trim 
      2.Center pillar upper trim panel replaced 3.Replaced clips in door
      4.Replaced power door lock actuator (which was very loose according to them) 5.Replaced all door weather striping.
       
      Not something you would expect from a new truck. Any ideas what this could be? 
    • By Moend
      Hello
      I am not sure if this been talked about before. Anyways, I noticed a noise coming form the dashboard -i think-. This happen only if I go over light bumps and specially if its on a ramp so while truck is flexing ex: going in/out the gas station that had a bit of a ramp on the entrance. The noise sounds like a loose bolt or clips. It is not loud but always there and driving me insane.
       
      Any one experienced something of this sort and know what it going on. Please enlighting me.
       
       
      Thank you!
       
    • By Dan P.
      I just got a new to me 2011 2500HD duramax with 99k miles on it. Just here recently every time I put the truck in park and it rolls until the transmission catches I hear a pretty loud popping sound from somewhere under the dash in the floor of the drivers seat. Everything works fine as far as I can tell, and I’m fairly certain it’s inside the truck. I can feel it in the brake pedal and sometimes I think I can in the steering wheel. It doesn’t do it in a turn or anytime the truck is moving in drive or reverse. Only does it when put in park and let go of the brake. I have no clue what it is. Thanks!
       
    • By Dan P.
      I just got a new to me 2011 2500HD duramax with 99k miles on it. Just here recently every time I put the truck in park and it rolls until the transmission catches I hear a pretty loud popping sound from somewhere under the dash in the floor of the drivers seat. Everything works fine as far as I can tell, and I’m fairly certain it’s inside the truck. I can feel it in the brake pedal and sometimes I think I can in the steering wheel. It doesn’t do it in a turn or anytime the truck is moving in drive or reverse. Only does it when put in park and let go of the brake. I have no clue what it is. Thanks!
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Forum Statistics

    221,077
    Total Topics
    2,369,087
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    208,446
    Total Members
    8,960
    Most Online
    PATRICK HARRIS
    Newest Member
    PATRICK HARRIS
    Joined
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1,233 Guests (See full list)



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.