So I purchased a 98 sierra 1500. Drove it around for a few days before I realized the front speakers in the door didn't have any sound. So, i did what any other sane man would do, and replaced the speakers. Theres still no sound. The stereo was already replaced with the duel din out of my previous truck. So it's not that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing left to replace would be the wiring correct?

Edited by Alec

Take a look at the harness at the door jamb and see if it has any pinched or broken wires. I would also recommend pulling the radio out and take a multimeter to the speakers positive and negative wires and check the resistance. If you have a good connection it should show the resistance level of the speaker (4 ohms more than likely but it can be more or less depending which speakers you are running). If you have an infinite resistance you have a break in the wire, if you have no resistance then you have a short in the wire.

Another idea to try is connect one of your front speakers to the rear speaker output and see if you get any sound. If you do make sure you don't have the fade setting set on the radio and if it's not then maybe your front channel amp is blown on the headunit.

I haven't torn into a door on that generation but I don't think they have a super small harness connection at the jamb to try and fight getting the wires through so you could probably fish your own wires in the boot. The run wouldn't be long so I would just run fresh wires but I would want to know if the wires had managed to rub or something so you don't have the same problem with your new run of wires.