FYI Beware of GM customer service *updated*

I'm not going that far. I don't want the dealer to have issues cause GM sucks 

Sorry, I meant that you put GM on the chopping block, they’ll definitely jump on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

I had a slight "tick" in my 2000, had the same thing happen at the dealer.  I contacted GM and they extended my warranty to 100K.  Never had an issue, sold the truck at 89K miles and its still out there being driven.  

Not sure why another dealer wouldnt take your truck on trade , did you tell them about it?

My girl friend and I went to look at a Toyota. We test drove one and went over the options. The truck had plenty of time to cool off. When they started the truck just to check everything the guy heard the noise. It only clacked a few times but as it shows in the video, its super loud and it was enough for them to start asking about it. 

I don't really like to be dishonest and if they were to contact the dealer for service records it would show up right away. I basically was told once its fixed they would have no problem taking it on trade. 

That sucks. It sounds just like piston slap that the gmt800s were notorious for, and as much as people bitched at the time, they never bought them back. Hell, tons of people claim the 800s are the best, most reliable trucks ever now. You may have difficulty getting a buy back if it still drives and performs normal - does it?

I found GM corporate to be quite helpful in my experience. After the local dealer tried 3 times to correct an exhaust leak they caused changing the torque converter on my avalanche, I took it to midas and had it fixed. I mentioned it in an email survey, and the next day GM called me and refunded my midas charge...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

How many times have you taken it in to the dealer to have it looked at?  Lemon law has a min number of repair attempts.  What year truck?  How many miles?  Maybe I missed this in the original post but just calling GM will not do anything you need to start at the dealership then go from their.  Also ask for a regional rep to look at the truck (worth a shot)

Just seen page 2 (to early).  Maybe try another dealer?  Does the noise go away?  The ticket said cold start knock after driving does it quiet down.  

When are you do another oil change?  I would send a sample off for analysis and see what it says could be some good ammo (document your oil change so they dont claim any BS there)

Lemons laws very state to state. the truck is a 2019 with 6k on it now. Its had the noise since 200 miles. They have had it in 3 times for diag. The dealer clearly knows about the issue and has been in contact with GM I'm sure many times about it.  Yes the dealer was my first stop but as soon as they told me they cant do any more work is when I reached out to GM. Every since its been a nightmare. Not with the dealer but with GM.

From what my attorney has said, in CT if a vehicle has a problem with no fix available automatically that qualifies for lemon law(under a certain age and mileage). Plus if the value is reduced from the issue then that also qualifies. No dealer is going to buy this truck with the noise. Maybe if I were to try and hide it like have the appraise the truck right off the bat while the engine is warm, but i'm not a dishonest person like that. 

The next step was suppose to have a rep and or a engineer come out to diag the truck. 2 weeks ago GM  told me to call the dealer and make an appointment. When I called they kept saying GM hadn't okayed this yet and they cant do any more repairs or diag until they get the okay.  After fighting for 2 week just to get a call back gm finally told me they cant do anything until they have a fix. But again they have no idea what the true issue is. But why the hell 2 week before did you tell me to call the dealer and set up an appointment. I swear dealing with them as taken 10 years off my lifespan. 

The noise goes away after a  minute. Sometimes when its super hot out it may only make 1 or 2 clacks, sometimes it wont do it at all. But the video doesn't do it justice, its super loud. It would legit make you questing how long the motor is gonna last. I was a service manager at independent repairs shop for 10 years so I know a decent amount about cars. 

At this point just go through the Lemon Law process.  I did this in Florida with an early build 2015 Tahoe. In the end I was taken care of but not because of GM or the regional rep who offered me $2,000.00 assistance trade money when I was loosing thousands. Needless to say I declined that generous offer. I hate to see someone post that they got aggravated and traded it in(many do) but loose thousands of dollars in doing so. GMs no customer service was of no help. Just people who answer the phone and have no authority. Just give it some time and it will work out. Good luck.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:41 PM, Tahoe02 said:

At this point just go through the Lemon Law process.  I did this in Florida with an early build 2015 Tahoe. In the end I was taken care of but not because of GM or the regional rep who offered me $2,000.00 assistance trade money when I was loosing thousands. Needless to say I declined that generous offer. I hate to see someone post that they got aggravated and traded it in(many do) but loose thousands of dollars in doing so. GMs no customer service was of no help. Just people who answer the phone and have no authority. Just give it some time and it will work out. Good luck.

What was your final outcome with the Tahoe?

I got the the same run around on my 14 that was a lemon. Called multiple gm corporate numbers and ended up in the Philippines every time.  They could care less, as it’s a call center. 

Anyway I got smart , called the BBB and had GM calling me within 3 days of me calling BBB , asking if I wanted a credit. I said yes and after 1 week I saw their weak ass offer and said no , I want all my money back plus the down. They said no , I went back to the BBB and had a full check in my hand within 3 weeks. F these people. Billion dollar Corp give me run around. Point is be aggressive 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 6:02 PM, JimCost2014 said:

Dealership did not build the truck, but they can help you if you treat them nice.

They are a business that is under contract to sell GM vehicles, not the manufacturer.

I dont believe the buyers/dealership should be treated with kid gloves for the following reasons..

1)The dealership sold the car, benefited by taking part of the profit and holds a significant amount of responsibility in the process. They dont get to walk away and throw all of the responsibility on the manufacturer now they have their cut....If they arent helping, Im turning the screws in a big and very public way. 

2) Dealerships have a large leeway in what they can do for the customer. My father in law is the largest purchaser of Corvettes in the state I reside. If he has a problem that GM doesnt want to cover it still gets fixed ASAP. I've watched it...The dealership owner will go to bat, pull strings at GM to make sure he is happy.....My father in law got a ZR1 after all of the allocations were given out. How does this happen? The owner got on the phone (while we were standing there) and started calling people at GM and MADE it happen. 

The poor guy with this truck just isnt getting that treatment. The dealer may be saying to his face "we are doing all we can for you" but the dealer isnt actually doing ALL they can for him. I guarantee if they owner of that dealership wanted to get the truck fixed for this guy all it would take is a single call to GM to the right person. I would be willing to bet a significant chunk that call isnt, hasnt and wont be made...

This dealership washed their hands of this guy because they already got their money.. 

Edited by Chris walker
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chris walker said:

I dont believe the buyers/dealership should be treated with kid gloves for the following reasons..

1)The dealership sold the car, benefited by taking part of the profit and holds a significant amount of responsibility in the process. They dont get to walk away and throw all of the responsibility on the manufacturer now they have their cut....If they arent helping, Im turning the screws in a big and very public way. 

2) Dealerships have a large leeway in what they can do for the customer. My father in law is the largest purchaser of Corvettes in the state I reside. If he has a problem it will get fixed ASAP. I've watched it...The dealership owner will go to bat, pull strings to make sure he is happy......The poor guy with this truck just isnt getting that treatment. The dealer may be saying to his face "we are doing all we can for you" but the dealer isnt actually doing ALL they can for him. I guarantee if they owner of that dealership wanted to get the truck fixed for this guy all it would take is a single call to GM to the right person.

I was replying back to a post whose suggestion was to destroy the dealers reputation and basically stalk the owner.

And I did also go into the benefits of a good relationship with the dealership, because they can control the outcome of this ending poorly or having a happy customer.

I have experienced the power of reputable dealerships owner taking charge when he was bale to finalize the buy back on my 16.

That is why I was adamant to OP to maybe not go the Lemon Law route.

7 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

I was replying back to a post whose suggestion was to destroy the dealers reputation and basically stalk the owner.

And I did also go into the benefits of a good relationship with the dealership, because they can control the outcome of this ending poorly or having a happy customer.

I have experienced the power of reputable dealerships owner taking charge when he was bale to finalize the buy back on my 16.

That is why I was adamant to OP to maybe not go the Lemon Law route.

Those were my suggestions you replied to and thats why I followed up...

I've known too many owners that wouldnt lift a finger for a customer. The "we cant do anything for you line" is horse hockey...The reality is that they dont want to do anything for him because they have his money and dont care..I've been engaged with GM through various means for a long time (I do not work for GM) and I know this to be true.

In addition I've been in business for almost thirty years with massive global companies like GM..There is ALWAYS something you can do for the customer....always. 

Edited by Chris walker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris walker said:

Those were my suggestions you replied to and thats why I followed up...

I've known too many owners that wouldnt lift a finger for a customer. The "we cant do anything for you line" is horse hockey...The reality is that they dont want to do anything for him because they have his money and dont care..

I've been in business for almost thirty years with massive global companies like GM..There is ALWAYS something you can do for the customer....always. 

Completely agree with your last sentence.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris walker said:

My father in law is the largest purchaser of Corvettes in the state I reside. If he has a problem that GM doesnt want to cover it still gets fixed ASAP. I've watched it...The dealership owner will go to bat, pull strings at GM to make sure he is happy.....My father in law got a ZR1 after all of the allocations were given out. How does this happen? The owner got on the phone (while we were standing there) and started calling people at GM and MADE it happen. 

Different story when you buy new vehicles frequently.

Money talks and B.S.walks ring a bell?

:)