In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Wanted to reach out to the forum and see if anyone has ran into these issues with their radios. I have a Tuscany build 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 6.6L, LTZ, Z71 build and I have a stock radio head unit that seems to have problems when connecting any phone to it. I use one device (iPhone XS Max) and it works via Bluetooth, however, there are times when the Bluetooth doesn't drop off but I get no sound from the speakers but still shows the song playing. 

The workaround I have discovered is to cutoff the ignition and turn it back on and the song plays over the speakers. Is this a known issue or is this something I need to get my dealer to look at? TIA. 

Mine does the same thing, but not all the time. It seems to do it if I’m switching media on the phone, like if I’m listening to music and switch to a podcast while the music is still playing, or vice versa. The time will be counting like it is playing but no sound is coming from the speakers. I haven’t found a permanent fix, but one thing I’ve found that works is if you make a phone call, wait just long enough for it to ring once or twice, and end the call, the sound of what was originally playing comes back. (I told my wife to ignore my calls unless It rings more than once 😜) Still an irritating thing, but at least you don’t have to shut off the ignition every time it does it. 

2014 Silverado LT, and I also use an iPhone XS Max.

4 hours ago, clr0508 said:

Mine does the same thing, but not all the time. It seems to do it if I’m switching media on the phone, like if I’m listening to music and switch to a podcast while the music is still playing, or vice versa. The time will be counting like it is playing but no sound is coming from the speakers. I haven’t found a permanent fix, but one thing I’ve found that works is if you make a phone call, wait just long enough for it to ring once or twice, and end the call, the sound of what was originally playing comes back. (I told my wife to ignore my calls unless It rings more than once 😜) Still an irritating thing, but at least you don’t have to shut off the ignition every time it does it. 

2014 Silverado LT, and I also use an iPhone XS Max.

Thank you Cory (clr0508) for the workaround you discovered. I figured I just got a bad radio deck but seems to be happening to others. I am curious if I was to upgrade the firmware on my radio if that will stop occurring. I imagine I will have to do this through my dealership though.