Stabilizer Link Install Help

I just finished installing the ACDelco 45G2019 stabilizer links on my 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 2WD WT. The issue im having is tightening them down to the right torque spec. The instructions say 20 ft lbs but as im tightening them, im not getting any clicks, the bolt just keeps turning and it feels pretty much the same tightness the entire time. The bolt started sticking out the top about an inch so i just stopped. Should i just keeping going to see if it gets tighter? Should i back it off a bit? Really confused as my old links bolts only stuck out about 1/8in but not sure if that was because of the wear and being looser. If anyone is familiar with installing sway bar links, i'd appreciate some help. Also, im doing this with the vehicle on the ground.

Depending on the style
- you should be able to get a wrench between the link and the bar to hold the bolt or
- the link bolt end is square/hex cut that allows you to turn the bolt while holding the nut or visa versa.

Set your torque wrench at something lower (10) for your initial tighten to make sure you don't go to tight. The remaining 10 would typically be less than additional 1/4 turn.