T1 Towing Mirrors! Good and Bad News!

That's possible but it says they are manual extend and manual fold. So I still dont see what wiring is missing from my 19 as my RST max trailering package is only heat and power adjustable. And that's all I need the tow mirrors to do as well. 

18 hours ago, mfbearded said:

so i have a lt trailboss...no power fold, camera or lights...so if i got these are you saying they will bolt on but i will not be able to adjust the mirrors ? im aware they wont fold, cant do that know anyway. i also believe there is a defrost feature in our mirrors...i assume that woulsnt work as well based on what ur saying ? 

The tow mirrors will have power upper glass, heat, manual lower glass, manual fold and manual extend.  The door harnesses are needed to make the rear facing cargo lamps and the signals work. 

1 hour ago, Adhutch85 said:

That's possible but it says they are manual extend and manual fold. So I still dont see what wiring is missing from my 19 as my RST max trailering package is only heat and power adjustable. And that's all I need the tow mirrors to do as well. 

The door harnesses are needed to make the rear facing cargo lamps and the signals work. 

8 minutes ago, newdude said:

The tow mirrors will have power upper glass, heat, manual lower glass, manual fold and manual extend.  The door harnesses are needed to make the rear facing cargo lamps and the signals work. 

The door harnesses are needed to make the rear facing cargo lamps and the signals work. 

And I dont care about those functions. So making a simple plug and play harness should be easy. 

ok so i see this being a very popular thread....let me try to organize this lol....if we dont have power folding now...the need to make the tow mirrors power fold or extend does not seem to be a hurtle, in terms of needed function or buttons. if we start with the basics we need the adjustments of the mirrors to work and the heat. next id say any lighting feature...narrow that down to weather they need to function as turn signals or just a running light. where has the info come from that states the wiring is different between the 19s and the 20s ? 

10 hours ago, mfbearded said:

ok so i see this being a very popular thread....let me try to organize this lol....if we dont have power folding now...the need to make the tow mirrors power fold or extend does not seem to be a hurtle, in terms of needed function or buttons. if we start with the basics we need the adjustments of the mirrors to work and the heat. next id say any lighting feature...narrow that down to weather they need to function as turn signals or just a running light. where has the info come from that states the wiring is different between the 19s and the 20s ? 

If you click on the GM link in the OP it says it's not compatible with the 19's.  

However it sounds like the only reason for the lack of compatibility is that the Tow mirrors have turn signals and the basic powered factory mirrors do not.

Someone posted that they have the pinout for both mirrors. That should be enough to determine how easy it is to maintain the basic factory function while adding the new mirrors.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just throwing this in the mix even though it doesn’t pertain to the 2019, I had a 2015 Silverado and added the tow mirrors was told heat and turn signals would not work! Installed them they worked And all features worked they were not power fold. So with that being said I have the 2019 Trail Boss and wonder if with a harness change and the new mirrors, if they would work? I don’t  care about power fold but do care about the led back up lighting.  Question is, has anyone tried it yet?

OEM Tow mirrors from a 2020 installed on my new 2019 LTZ crew cab.They have power adjust, power fold, blind spot indicaters, side cameras, front lights work and rear facing lights work. Only thing I see that isn't there or doesn't work is the in glass blinker indicator.

I got really lucky, dealer traded me my stock mirrors for the Tow mirrors and even installed them at no cost to me on my new truck that I picked up on 11/22. Not sure at this point what all was involved but I'm very happy with the results. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rlbock said:

OEM Tow mirrors from a 2020 installed on my new 2019 LTZ crew cab.They have power adjust, power fold, blind spot indicaters, side cameras, front lights work and rear facing lights work. Only thing I see that isn't there or doesn't work is the in glass blinker indicator.

I got really lucky, dealer traded me my stock mirrors for the Tow mirrors and even installed them at no cost to me on my new truck that I picked up on 11/22. Not sure at this point what all was involved but I'm very happy with the results. 

Any chance you can get a part number? Do you have 360 HD surround vision? 

Edited by 2019-AT4