Anyone able to get parts

26 minutes ago, Bgctrading said:

I'm needing a couple parts for my truck for warranty work and my dealer is telling me they cannot get any parts because of the strike is anyone else running into this or am I getting the runaround?

Seems like they reached a deal so hopefully this will be over soon

8 minutes ago, newdude said:

No runaround.  Its for real.  We've been 30 days without stock order parts.  We've gotten in about 2 days worth of it.  Some parts warehouses are barely operational, and some are shut straight down. 

I will guarantee  there will be a huge spike in lemon law claims due to the 30 days down portion of the law.

• Like 1

My dealership in Daphne, ALABAMA was able to order my rear wheel well liners. They came in within 1 day. Not sure what you need but you could call them and see if they can get it. Dealership name is Terry Thompson Chevrolet

Mine got the shift lever assembly for my Traverse in 3 business days. Couldn't explain and was surprised it came in so soon, if at all, because very few parts have been trickling in..

I bought a 2.7 two days before the strike. The next day I had loud lifter tick, took it in on the Monday they went on strike. The truck is still in the service center waiting for the parts. Yesterday was 30 days, I told them I was done waiting so they put me in a new truck. I went with the 5.3 this time... but yes the parts shortage is legit, but they've reached a tentative agreement so maybe it won't be long now.

Sucky part is even if all of the UAW folks went back to work today, it will probably be 2 weeks to a month to fill the back logged parts needed for repairs and start production back up.  This really put a hurting on GM, but then again, that is what they did it for, to get upper managements attention.

Accessories are usually stocked at local distributors so they are not as effected by the strike, replacement parts are difficult especially for smaller dealers. My dealership currently has well over 8000 parts on order, we usually receive 2 trucks a day but have been seeing 2 trucks per week. 

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:25 AM, BPIRKOLA said:

Accessories are usually stocked at local distributors so they are not as effected by the strike, replacement parts are difficult especially for smaller dealers. My dealership currently has well over 8000 parts on order, we usually receive 2 trucks a day but have been seeing 2 trucks per week. 

8000 parts???  Wow, once they start coming in you guys are going to be swamped with work.

• Like 1

Yeah I’ve had parts on order since a few days before the strike. Dealerships here in Houston have no parts, body shops are having a hard time, no parts supposedly within 600 miles. It sucks. The UAW doesn’t realize they **** with so many other businesses because of their greed.