Dealership won't honor re-tune for GM CAI, help?

nino

Installed the GM CAI on my 2019 silverado 1500 couple weeks ago, then took to the dealership for a re-tune, but then they tried to charge me for labor for re-tune but i showed them the labor code and receipt and insisted the labor was included in the purchase price.  They honored it that day but now calling me back saying that there is no labor included and they were wrong.

Anyone who's been through this process know how i can explain this to them? or what do i need to show them exactly? 

thanks

Edited by nino

Your post is a little confusing, but if I comprehend correctly, they installed it and charged you, but now say they made a mistake and didn't charge you enough? Yet, you think the charge they are after was included in your original total/payment? As long as you have proof, shouldn't be an issue. Or, just tell them to pound sand. The subject says re-tune so still confused haha

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I may be confused also, but if I read it correctly the $625 MSRP as purchased from GM or any independent supplier excludes installation and taxes.  Why would this accessory be any different from any of the hundreds of other accessories purchased from GM? I've had many accessories instalkled by the dealer and installation is never included in any MSRP.....GM parts department will never include an estimate of installtion costs price of install must be worked out with the dealer service dept.. OP may have snookered the dealer out of immediate payment but my .02 says OP won't win this one.

The hours labor code likely included so you can get an idea what the dealer will charge for install

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/53l-cold-air-intake-system-84789802?year=2019&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado 1500&categoryId=98030

The little asterisk disclaimer at the bottom says:" * MSRP Excluding installation taxes..." Now one can argue they forgot to put a comma between installation and taxes and say that it applies only to taxes on the installation. Well good luck with that because EVERY accessory you buy from GM is worded exactly the same way and I can assure you that unless that receipt says free dealer installation there was no way in hell that the dealer was going to install a set of assist steps or any other accessory for the MSRP listed with the same disclaimer, eg.

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/double-cab-6-inch-rectangular-assist-steps-in-black-84011395?year=2019&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado 1500

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomcat said:

I may be confused also, but if I read it correctly the $625 MSRP as purchased from GM or any independent supplier excludes installation and taxes.  Why would this accessory be any different from any of the hundreds of other accessories purchased from GM? I've had many accessories instalkled by the dealer and installation is never included in any MSRP.....GM parts department will never include an estimate of installtion costs price of install must be worked out with the dealer service dept.. OP may have snookered the dealer out of immediate payment but my .02 says OP won't win this one.

The hours labor code likely included so you can get an idea what the dealer will charge for install

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/53l-cold-air-intake-system-84789802?year=2019&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado 1500&categoryId=98030

The little asterisk disclaimer at the bottom says:" * MSRP Excluding installation taxes..." Now one can argue they forgot to put a comma between installation and taxes and say that it applies only to taxes on the installation. Well good luck with that because EVERY accessory you buy from GM is worded exactly the same way and I can assure you that unless that receipt says free dealer installation there was no way in hell that the dealer was going to install a set of assist steps or any other accessory for the MSRP listed with the same disclaimer, eg.

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/double-cab-6-inch-rectangular-assist-steps-in-black-84011395?year=2019&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado 1500

1 hour ago, Thomcat said:

On GMs accessory pages, it lists the accessory with a pic and description, the cost/price of the accessory and the installed cost/price of the accessory.  I’ve never seen that format in the link you posted above. 

https://accessories.gm.com/knappmotors/product/performance/62l-cold-air-intake-system-84789804?year=2019&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado 1500&categoryId=12009&bac=115109

Edited by SILVER SLED

I had this same issue, go to the parts store and have them print up the installation instructions, on the 2nd page it states that the flash is indeed included in the price and what they should charge it to. I ended up paying first then going to get the install instructions and showing them. They had a hell of a time trying to figure out how to charge it correctly though. GM not making it easy for these guys

Edited by Memphis87

59 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

On GMs accessory pages, it lists the accessory with a pic and description, the cost/price of the accessory and the installed cost/price of the accessory.  I’ve never seen that format in the link you posted above. 

https://accessories.gm.com/knappmotors/product/performance/62l-cold-air-intake-system-84789804?year=2019&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado 1500&categoryId=12009&bac=115109

On his link it looks like he is on the "official" Chevrolet site. There is the Chevrolet Accessories banner at the top and nothing else. On the link you posted it's the same intake and all but at the top banner there is Knapp Chevrolet Buick and address. It looks like that is the dealers version on the Chevrolet Accessories page and they may offer installation on the products there since it looks to be linked to their (Knapp Chevys) website.

40 minutes ago, 2016 Sierra Owner said:

On his link it looks like he is on the "official" Chevrolet site. There is the Chevrolet Accessories banner at the top and nothing else. On the link you posted it's the same intake and all but at the top banner there is Knapp Chevrolet Buick and address. It looks like that is the dealers version on the Chevrolet Accessories page and they may offer installation on the products there since it looks to be linked to their (Knapp Chevys) website.

I think you are correct.  I noticed that also...after looking for a bit.  

Yes rhe price includes the flash only not install labor you get a authorization code for the reflash that dealer uses to go to GM for download.  Dame for GM perf exhaust it comes with  an authorization code For refash no - charge ONLY if dealer installs. If you but intake or exhaust over counter and install yourself they charg for  reflash