So, it’s been almost a year..

So, it’s been practically a year now since the T1’s have been out..

I think they’ve been out an adequate amount of time to ask the question - Has the new body style begun to grow on people yet?

While I’m still not the biggest fan, I’ll be honest and say that I don’t think they’re as absolutely “hideous” as some people seem to think. I don’t think the LT Trail Boss’s are too shabby actually.

That being said, I may be in the minority.. but I absolutely love the squared off dimensions of the K2’s. Everything from the body lines, headlights, wheel wells etc.. too me the beefy square look is one of those timeless designs that I can’t see myself getting sick of. Can’t remember the last time I felt that way about a vehicle..

I agree, I prefer the squared aesthetics. I'm not a fan of the 2019+ but do appreciate the added leg room in the back along with the
a/c vents (took long enough).

The 2014-2018 were more distinct whereas the 2019+ look more like some sort of amalgamation of other trucks.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I didn’t care for the k2xx when they were first released in 2014. I liked the GMT900 design except the interior needed a update which didn’t happen due to bankruptcy. 

I ended up buying a 2018 k2xx crew standard bed. The design grew on me and the interior was a huge improvement along with larger cab and more powerful engines. 

I wouldn’t buy a T1XX until near end of cycle. That’s just me, I’d rather buy when all options are available and the trucks have been released into the wild a few years. 

They are growing on me a bit. I like the GMC HD, haven’t seen the Chevrolet HD in person. I like the I6 diesel in the half ton but don’t want to buy that right out of the gate.

Another huge plus on my k2xx is it’s almost paid off!

It depends. Some of the trucks I do like, others not so much. I am still warming up to them. I like the GMC better than the Chevy. There are so many different front end designs now. I'm not sure about the taller beds just yet and the exhaust tips. I have yet to get inside one and look around yet. I have an appointment on Friday for the brake recall on my 14 at 0830. I may try to get a look inside one of the demo trucks.

I still think they are ugly as they were a year ago.

That being said , today I saw a red hot 2020 2500HD LTZ the guy lifted I'm guessing 4-6" and it had 37" BFG Mud terrains on some chrome XD Diesels. I thought it looked good. Wish I had my phone when I saw it  I would've took a pic.

It’s funny. I’ve actually liked the K2 sierras since they came out. But when the Chevy Trail Boss was released it gave me the bug to get a new truck. And after a good search I found a gem of a 2018 Sierra All Terrain and a great deal and jumped on it. So while really it was the new trail boss design that pushed me in to the “yes I’m buying one” spot, the GMC K2 design won out, and I don’t regret it a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K2 looks more proportional. Every T1 truck I've seen looks a little "bloated" to me. The cab is a lot bigger, and it makes everything else, especially the wheels, look small. So you get more interior cab space, but its an overall larger volume vehicle now, and it looks it. That said, I do like the T1 overall design. I like the front end and also the rear. It has grown on me. It also seems to look really good with a canopy. 

The only thing I don't like on the T1 is that swoopy line down the front quarter panel going into the door. Very Mazda, and very un-Silverado like, in my opinion. I wouldn't let it stop me from buying one, but I wouldn't be happy about it either. 

Edited by protovack

Traded my Avalanche for the K2 because with the added sports bar on a dc it looks every bit as good if not better than the 2nd gen Avalanche. Rear seats of the dc were tight, but I only need a two seater with extra room for a person or two in a pinch...and if they need a ride that bad they could squash in and complain about the lack of heat or A/C in the rear. Besides when carrying a full load of 4x8 cargo the Avalanche became a two seater and front seaters were as squashed as rear seaters in a K2 dc.

Wasn't to crazy at first about the looks of the T1, in fact the only one that appealed to me was look the color matched de-chromed RST with a sports bar and 22" block gloss wheels on a dc body. Took a bit of knocking around a few on tests rides to see if it warranted dumping a cherry '16, but what convinced me was the refined layout of the controls. all lit and easily visible and in arms reach of the driving position and grouped in separate sections (lighting, wheel control, audio controls, HVAC controls, and function controls). Interior wasn't plush but same overall mediocre level of trim throughout and not segmented with an impressive looking dash and cheapo balance of door and ceiling trim on competitors, especially evident in the leather seating and stitching.

Decision on RST over lower lines was cemented by the LED lighting throughout by my nighttime test ride....only filament bulbs on the whole thing are the reverse lamps and license plate lamps....I could care less about the license plate lamps and the stock halogens in the reverse lamps in combination with the HD cameras and HD radio/display make LEDs unnecessary....a dramatic difference over the squinty dark, grainy nightime images from the '16's cameras. But the primo winner was the 6 LED reflector headlamps. About time GM took it's head out of it's ass and provided dramatic nighttime illumination. The HID projectors in the '16 were a definite improvements over earlier stock reflectors, definitely whiter and brighter but crap nonetheless only two headlamps and the brightness of the beams being cut in half by the low beam mechanical shutters - what a non genius idea..... put in a high output HID bulb that is full brightness only on high beam and create a low beam by blocking the top half of the light output. As soon as I took my test drive in an RST at night with all 6 (4 high and 2 low) high output CREE LEDs each in it's own focused reflector all on simultaneously the deal was done. Finally GM engineers used their brains in a throwback to the 60's old 4 headlamp systems. Instead of using the same reflector for high and low, each has it's own so the full power of 4 lows and 2 highs can be used at the same time. I thought the '16's 2 HIDs projectors were great at the time compared to my Avalanche , but realized that they were just whiter crap when compared side by side across my 200' rear yard against my '18 Traverse Premier running 6 LED headlamps in the same 4+2 configuration as the '19. And the slightly larger dc rear and console with built in HVAC vents is a bonus so I won't have to listen to any complaints.

I think that the T1 will look outdated before the K2. I believe that the square body trucks age more gracefully. Take for example, the GMT400 vs the cat eye trucks of 03-07. Or even the OBS Fords 92-96 vs that abomination rounded bubbly body style 97-03. Both older generations actually look better than their successors IMO.

• Like 1