2019 versus 2020 differences

mlee

New to the forum and wasn't able to find much on this subject in my short search so forgive me. I'm very familiar with Silverado but going to order a GMC AT4 this time around.

Chevy made quite a few really nice additions for 2020... like stuff that should have been in place for 2019... did this happen with GMC too?

I see a 2019 GMC AT4 w/ 6.2 on a lot in my area but had my heart set on a 2020 based on what I know in the Chevy world. 

Question is, what changes were made in 2020 that I need to pay attention to?

20191113_153044.jpg

40 minutes ago, mlee said:

New to the forum and wasn't able to find much on this subject in my short search so forgive me. I'm very familiar with Silverado but going to order a GMC AT4 this time around.

Chevy made quite a few really nice additions for 2020... like stuff that should have been in place for 2019... did this happen with GMC too?

I see a 2019 GMC AT4 w/ 6.2 on a lot in my area but had my heart set on a 2020 based on what I know in the Chevy world. 

Question is, what changes were made in 2020 that I need to pay attention to?

20191113_153044.jpg

Not comprehensive but Adaptive cruise, I believe 10 speed trans On 5.3, new camera system. 

38 minutes ago, Nathan Banga said:

Not comprehensive but Adaptive cruise, I believe 10 speed trans On 5.3, new camera system. 

I see added trailering cameras as well. 

GM is pretty much going with 10 speed across the board now and that's a huge upgrade over 2019

The DIC display is slightly different on the 2020s, but it’s marginal. 

One change that I think is a negative is removing the lock buttons on the rear doors. The 2019s have them on all 4 doors. The 2020 only on the front doors. [emoji1361]

My 2020 ltz has the lock button on all four doors. Also, larger cab, rear ac vents, and then some of the option changes and additions which are easier to figure out if you build on Chevrolet's website for each year to see what compares.

Edit: Oops, just realized this wasn't an HD. Ignore me. [emoji17]

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

In an AT4 you’re really just looking at:

10 speed now standard with 5.3

Adaptive cruise (Optional)

Optional Tech package now also includes trailer camera provisions, as well as BedView camera

Revised infotainment with XM360L

If the 2019 you’re looking at is a loaded up 6.2 and is NOT an early build truck, I’m not sure the 2020 tweaks would be enough to swing me over, but I guess money talks.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, econometrics said:

The DIC display is slightly different on the 2020s, but it’s marginal. 

One change that I think is a negative is removing the lock buttons on the rear doors. The 2019s have them on all 4 doors. The 2020 only on the front doors. ??

If they also removed a double pull on the door handle to open a locked door, that would be a real problem.

Can't personally speak toward the T1's yet, but I will tell you my 2014 Silverado has/had 10x the problems my 2015 Sierra has. I will never purchase a first MY again. The camera features sound great, but the less crap like lane departure, adaptive cruise, torque management the better in my eye. Single lane highway here, with many "new" truck drivers that like to drive right on the yellow line, so I typically crowd the white line. Drove a Denali Yukon with lane departure the other day and found it pushes you back at the oncoming traffic when you try to crowd the white line. Not a fan. You will be happy with a Sierra AT4 over a Silverado. My last two personal trucks were All Terrain Sierras. 

I had a 2007 new-gen GMT 900 for 12 years. I don't think I even put $1000 into that thing, and that was all just oil and fluid changes. 

My 2019 RST has been completely issue-free after 10 months and 6600 miles. 

I realize there's a stigma to a new model year, and some people do have issues with theirs - especially the earliest production models (e.g. the leaking rear windows or oil line failures). However, I think the majority of first model year owners never have problems outside of the normal vehicle issues. My experience with 2 new-model-year trucks bears this out. YMMV, of course. 

• Like 1