License Plate Lights Not Working

Installed 2 new bulbs but nothing. Checked the connections on the frame rail and looked good.

What should I check for next? Assuming it doesn’t have a separate fuse and would be combined so other lights would be out as well.

A couple of times when taking out and reinstalling the old bulbs it would come on for a split second, but only initially and only ONE time, always the FIRST time, never follow up.

I can’t imagine two socket holders going out at once.

Any ideas?

I’m waiting any day now to get pulled over at night by a bored trooper and then he’ll come up with some reason to search and then find my cash and then seize it claiming it’s drug running money. Then I’ll  put up resistance and then I’ll go to jail for battery and then I’ll have to bond out and then hire an attorney! All this for bulbs!!! 

Edited by Plumber101010
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Plumber101010 said:

Installed 2 new bulbs but nothing. Checked the connections on the frame rail and looked good.

What should I check for next? Assuming it doesn’t have a separate fuse and would be combined so other lights would be out as well.

A couple of times when taking out and reinstalling the old bulbs it would come on for a split second, but only initially and only ONE time, always the FIRST time, never follow up.

I can’t imagine two socket holders going out at once.

Any ideas?

I’m waiting any day now to get pulled over at night by a bored trooper and then he’ll come up with some reason to search and then find my cash and then seize it claiming it’s drug running money. Then I’ll  put up resistance and then I’ll go to jail for battery and then I’ll have to bond out and then hire an attorney! All this for bulbs!!! 

What type of bulbs do you install?

Learned the hard way that the LED's only work one way.

Are all of the other bulbs working in your tail lights?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Plumber101010 said:

Everything else works normal and just the regular bulbs not LED 

Maybe just for the heck of it, flip the bulb 180 degrees and see it works that way.

I am just not sure, maybe the plug is "directional" and only like the bulbs inserted one way.

• 2 weeks later...