20 Duramax MPG.......how are we doing?

20 D max AT4 almost 3000mi averaging an easy 15 mpg,  best around 23 on the computer.

Way better then my 19 D max. 
Yeah 10 speed helps but I think there’s more going on then that from 19 to 20. 
Don’t do much towing hardly any just haul in’ my ass around. 
Amazing  daily driver Once you get used to the size. 
tons of cameras & mirrors can pretty much park anywhere if you take your time 

amazing ride big improvement 19 to 20 IMO

How they are driven/used is everything.

I get significantly better than that with my '18 --- with my 'normal' usage.  Which means it doesn't do a lot of miles of short / in town runs. 

It rarely tows.

Wish I had a '20 to run for a while to see how it would perform for my application.

Edited by redwngr

I've got 1600 miles on mine. I'm getting real world about 16.5mpg with the computer telling me 18. I've got a 3500 Long Bed SRW and live in CO at around 7k elevation. Drive about 50/50 city/highway. 

I started using Standyne at about 1000 miles and did notice about a 1mpg increase. 

Edited by MoCOgmc

I am happy to see the favorable reviews thus far on the power train and fuel economy.  The real test will be when they start hitting 30,000+ miles and to see what kind if any DPF and DEF issues pop up.  The LML was plagued with them, while surprisingly the LMM (which only had the DPF) rarely saw any DPF issues.  If things prove to be good on these 2020s I might just see myself getting a Sierra someday when I get tired of my 08. 

• 3 months later...

I as well am getting worse mileage in my 20 than my 17 duramax. Roughly 16/17mpg on my '20, and I would get 19/20 on my '17 on average. My best in MPG in the 30 mile setting was 27mpg in my '17 on a annual trip I do and I did the exact same route this year in the '20 and it was 23mpg as the best in the 30mile setting.

Not going to lie, I was kind of disappointed. Thinking the new 10 speed would make it even better on gas... That being said, these diesels always run more efficient in warm weather, and I only got the truck in October and being in Canada it is cold. So maybe it will be better come summer. 

I just did our annual snowmobile trip in February. Flat highway for the majority of it and a 7hr drive. My truck had two guys in the cab and two sleds on the sled deck. I averaged roughly 13mpg for this trip which was about 375 miles to a tank (and HALF A TANK OF DEF which has been super good up until this trip). Last year I did the same trip in my '17 but with 4 guys in the cab, two sleds on the deck and a two place wide trailer with two sleds in it. Averaged roughly 16mpg and easily had 425 miles to a tank or more WITH TWICE THE LOAD.

I'm thinking it must be the tire size on these new trucks. My '17 had 33s on it (actually like 32.6" or something) and my '20 has 35s on it now (measure 34.8 or something)

IMG_6586.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I have just under 600 miles on mine, purchased March 2nd., and haven't towed yet.  I'm averaging 17+ mpg in local driving and that's almost two mpg better than my 08.  I think that's pretty good for a truck with so few miles and one that weighs about a thousand pounds more.  Looking forward to towing, hopefully later in the summer. 

2020 Silverado 4x6.jpg

• Like 1

How are you guys doing it?

I have a '20 single cab dually and so far, unloaded highway is 13mpg.  

My 6.0 gas gets almost that??

772DC23A-4CDF-4200-BBCA-57665C9A477E.jpeg

Edited by samuse

I do drive pretty fast.   Highway traffic around here moves at 80-90+.  

My '11 6.0 gets 11-12 in the same driving.  

This is my first diesel since an '03 Powerstroke.  

I heard you were supposed to keep these aired out to keep the emissions stuff working good. Maybe I'm overdoing it??

• Haha 1