led lights to replace park sensor

okay you guys i know this might sound odd but i am trying to find some led lights to replace the park sensors on my new bumper. the reason is it is a bumper replacement bumper and it is only made with the holes pre-drilled and my pickup is NOT equipped with the park sensor feature. i have looked every where trying to find the size of the holes so that i can kinda narrow down my search but i am not having any luck. i am hope maybe yall have some knowledge to lend me.

thank you in advanced!!

I'm not sure what you're going for (purpose of the lights) but i think it's a really interesting idea.. I was looking at this thread here a while ago, and I'm thinking maybe these bolt led lights might fill that hole pretty well.  

I'm thinking these might be rather easy to use, once you find the size and color you're looking for.

Screenshot_20161014-191544.png

Please keep us posted and let us know how it turns out. 

I am going to look into those. My main reason really is to fill the holes for the sensors without using a rubber plug. Looking for maybe amber or just white for the front and red for the back 

• Like 1

I would imagine you could get pretty trick with them, depending on how much time you want to invest in it. You could have the outer one on either side, front (amber) and back (red) tapped into the turn signals.

Then middle ones in the rear could be tapped into the brake lights (red). The front middle ones you could use white, and have them on tapped from the headlights, or on an independent switch. 

It all depends on how much time and imagination you want to invest.

On 12/10/2019 at 4:15 PM, russell45 said:

okay you guys i know this might sound odd but i am trying to find some led lights to replace the park sensors on my new bumper. the reason is it is a bumper replacement bumper and it is only made with the holes pre-drilled and my pickup is NOT equipped with the park sensor feature. i have looked every where trying to find the size of the holes so that i can kinda narrow down my search but i am not having any luck. i am hope maybe yall have some knowledge to lend me.

thank you in advanced!!

24D1CA92-3AAB-4EF7-A1F0-9F8E60398F6D.jpeg

Okay, so I went and measured the holes for the rear bumper. They are 1”. So would it be best to find an led light that the housing is 1” or pretty close and has threads and a nut for the back and the head of the light be a little bigger than 1”? What do y’all think? 

13 hours ago, Mtnsackett said:

Here is another option that is duel function and there is a chrome ring to hide any rubber.

https://www.bigrigchromeshop.com/led-mini-dual-function-clearance-marker-with-bezel-p-12277.html

37969Cover.jpg

I think these might be the way to go! Size would work, and you could always paint the chrome rings if you're going painted bumper.

Yeah but what holds it in place? The body of the light which is 3/4” is what goes into the hole which is 1“.  So how does it stay in place? That outer ring just keeps it from falling all the way through. It won’t keep in secured. Correct? 

47 minutes ago, russell45 said:

Yeah but what holds it in place? The body of the light which is 3/4” is what goes into the hole which is 1“.  So how does it stay in place? That outer ring just keeps it from falling all the way through. It won’t keep in secured. Correct? 

You know what, you are correct. I hadn't noticed till you asked, but those lights don't have the locking nut behind them to hold them in place. That's my mistake. What you would need is something like these, which have a threaded back, so you would be able to tighten it against the back side of the bumper.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CMN6FD5/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_7?smid=AQU08BEB4MN2K&psc=1

These look a little bit larger

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CWQZ212/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07CWQZ212&pd_rd_w=lelbM&pf_rd_p=45a72588-80f7-4414-9851-786f6c16d42b&pd_rd_wg=9TmC9&pf_rd_r=TEFM1K3KC8J7P5GCRASP&pd_rd_r=21117b32-a1e3-456a-95e8-2e60bbb7809f&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEySkRMTEwyUkMxTThMJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDQ4MzAyMTMwSExJQTQ3Vlg2RiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjk3MDg5MjZQNk5DWktDSllMTyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2RldGFpbCZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Edited by CustomChevyGuy