Auxiliary Accessory Trailer Camera

• 2 months later...

On 1/30/2020 at 7:29 PM, XY74 said:

I have the camera and no truck yet.  Just ordered the truck last week, ordered the camera separately based on the info found here and another thread.  (THANKS for that, $200 cheaper!)  My trailer is 22" longer than what the owner's manual says for maximum length, hoping it will still work for transparent trailer.  If not, it will be great to just see anything back there.  

The camera cable seems to be well protected.  I am not sure why they are so adamant about routing it over the top, shouldn't be too hard to protect it underneath.  

Where do I find the camera cheap?

• 2 months later...
On 2/18/2020 at 8:09 AM, Tr3kker said:

Every time I see the “disappearing trailer” commercials, I do an eye roll. Chevrolet should be getting FREE auxiliary cameras out there for people that order the trailer camera package. I sorta blame the dealerships; I don’t think their sales and service staff are up to date with what all this tech does. I just figured out the other day that my truck will interface with the iNCommand system on my Keystone travel trailer. It shows you your tank levels, battery info, temperature, ... It just seems that you really have to dig to find all this stuff. Luckily, I’m an IT guy and don’t mind doing the homework to find these features, but not everyone is willing to do that. 

How do you do the iNCommand feature? I have a Cougar TT with that system. Thanks.

My question to all of you trying to figure out how to make it look good and work, why not use the Furion wireless, mine was pre-wired. Seems gimmicky also to me, and if you are using the screen to show a rear view camera, can you still use and see your navigation? I love my Furion system, sure I have to suction cup on the screen to use it, but when traveling to new places I would rather be able to use my navigation. I may be the odd man out here.

4 hours ago, Londart2020 said:

My question to all of you trying to figure out how to make it look good and work, why not use the Furion wireless, mine was pre-wired. Seems gimmicky also to me, and if you are using the screen to show a rear view camera, can you still use and see your navigation? I love my Furion system, sure I have to suction cup on the screen to use it, but when traveling to new places I would rather be able to use my navigation. I may be the odd man out here.

If you have the HUD the Nav can be there, it can also be on the DIC if you prefer.  I prefer google maps over GM nav so I use my phone for GPS.  I just wish  carplay was wireless and google maps would work in the HUD/DIC like the GM Nav does. 

18 hours ago, Londart2020 said:

My TT also has the Furrion but it can't be used to view the Invisbile trailer mode. I used the furrion all the time before I bought my new truck, But the invisble trailer is much better. And yes I use my invisible trailer and still see my navigation. The other good thing about invisible trailer is that it is not one the 9 second camera things. You can keep that view up for ever. Its way better than a rear view camera as it still shows you whats next to your trailer instead of just whats behind it.

• 4 weeks later...

My new 2020 has the cable under the bumper but no plug. It has only the tailgate camera. It has the advanced towing package. There is a place in the camera screen for a trailer camera. Anyone know if I can add a plug and camera to my truck? I don't care if it's only a trailer view. I would prefer that.

5 hours ago, Duramaxsky said:

My new 2020 has the cable under the bumper but no plug. It has only the tailgate camera. It has the advanced towing package. There is a place in the camera screen for a trailer camera. Anyone know if I can add a plug and camera to my truck?

Same question here.  Have the advanced trailering package, and the module for trailer tpms sensors is installed.  Have the 4 wire flat plug, but not the camera plugs.  

I have not looked to find if the wiring is at the bumper for the camera on my truck yet.  Guessing a module is needed? 

17 minutes ago, MTU Alum said:

You really can't retrofit it if you did not order it that way.

Is that code something that would be on the window sticker, or where would you find out?  

Not a big deal here really, could see where if it could be added for a reasonable cost it might be handy for backing my stock trailer to the gate to load cows.  Mirrors work fine though.  

Never mind, figured out how to pull it from the bar code on the door pillar.  
Not all the codes are on that list. It didn't have the one for the trailer tpms on mine. But the dealer pulled it up on the computer and it dose. I believe he said it's just the option codes not the build codes.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Duramaxsky said:

Not all the codes are on that list. It didn't have the one for the trailer tpms on mine.

My rpo codes from inside the door do not show the code for the trailer tpms, but I know the code was either on the window sticker online or somewhere else before I bought the truck.  There is a schrader module behind the license plate, assumed that was for the trailer tpms system?  Tried finding a current listing of rpo codes, but not really had any luck.  

Traded my 2019 Sierra 3500 in yesterday for the 2020 version. Definitely interested in the cameras. When I was at the dealership this morning to get a couple of things I forgot from my old truck, I asked about the invisible camera and a camera inside the trailer (we trailer horses, so an interior view of our horses would be great). Guys in parts didn't know, so he called the manager at the local GM parts depot who got my VIN and  looked it up. He called me back and said that they had the cameras in stock and I mentioned that I have a 49' long trailer and he said it would work with a bluetooth extender. 

So, now I'm trying to figure out if the camera setup is wired or wireless. Seems to me that the OEM cameras are wired - did he have his parts or my truck mixed up with something else?

The quote for 2 cameras with install was $1310.