Magnaflow - Denied by FedEx

Backstory, I live in a rural area and the Fedex drivers always complain when they have to deliver a package here.  The last time after being on the phone with them for an hour the package was found in the woods about 15 miles from here.  Over the holidays they would either lose the package or deliver it to a wrong address in a neighboring town.

I ordered a Magnaflow exhaust - felt it would be a fun project before my son goes back to college.  Placed the order with Real Truck and the order was sent Fedex.  (oh boy).  Keeping my fingers crossed I watched the shipment go across the country over the past week.  Today, I received an email it was delivered.  Took a look at the security cameras and no Fedex Truck anywhere.  Now another package gone.  Now working on getting a refund or another sent.  So much for my missing 1000 dollars and the project with my son.

The driver is just being lazy. I do LTL delivery via tractor-trailer to commercial and occasionally residential as well. I've been down min-maintenance roads to get to an address. As long as there has been a proper house/ fire number, or dispatch has confirmed the physical location, I've always made my deliveries. Never have I tossed a package or dropped a pallet "somewhere". If the item is undeliverable, I have to bring it back to our terminal. I wish you best of luck OP!

• Like 1

FedEx is the absolute worst delivery company in existence. Through my business dealings with them I have had packages lost, packages delivered to different locations and multiple times have had drivers say that my business wasn’t open for the package to be delivered. And let me tell you this right from the get-go not even their management gives a shit I literally have cameras all over my shop, every way of getting in here from every parking lot entrance and I have sent emails to them multiple times showing that their drivers never even came close to my business and they could care less. So I currently try and find out who any company I’m doing business with ships through and if it is FedEx make a point that I will either not do that business with them or they need to use a different service. 

I’ve had that happen with regular postal service. I live 8 miles from town have a circle driveway and you can see my house from the road. I saw the driver one day went to the mail box and there was a sorry I missed you card in my mailbox. I went in the house call the post office. They made her come back. And we leave her a gift card every Christmas. Some people are just lazy. I thought fed ex would be different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FedEx was recently dropped by Amazon due to subpar performance and Amazon told some third party sellers that they could not ship with them.

Funny thing is I have had more trouble with UPS over the years. They have had to pay out on a few claims because of their “issues”.

In your case I would escalate further up the corporate food chain.

I hope you get to the bottom of this. It sucks being jacked around by an outfit that don't give a shit.
I think UPS is worse than FedEx but they both suck.
Case in point. I just ordered a lift kit, wheels and tires from Custom Offsets on Dec 19th. They shipped the wheels and tires from Batavia Illinois ( Chicago) on December 28. They were shipped Fed ex and I got them in 2 days. I'm just north of Minneapolis.
The lift kit was shipped via UPS from Fresno California on Dec 21. I got it Jan 6th. It sat at a terminal in Minneapolis from Dec 23 until Jan 6.
Granted there was two holidays and two weekends but why would they leave it sit there for almost two weeks 20 miles away from me. Sad.
Good thing I didn't need it right away.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

All the package delivery services suck. I live in a suburban area and see there trucks multiple times a day in my neighborhood. They still can’t get it right. I even have problems with putting my usps mail in my own mailbox and it getting to where it’s supposed to go. It’s the lazy drivers who feel superior to all. If there having a bad day, so are the people that are on the delivery route. All service sucks everywhere. I don’t like to go out to eat anymore because I can’t remember the last time I had a good waiter/table service. They just barely give you what you want and than expect a large tip.

• Like 1

For me, UPS is the worst.  I basically have to wait outside when the truck comes to get my package.  If I'm not there, he has the "sorry I missed you" form already filled out, runs from his truck to the door, sticks it on, then rings the bell (optional), then runs back to his truck.  If he doesn't see me by the time he gets into the driver's seat, he's gone.  I have about 15 seconds from when the doorbell rings to get to the door and open it to hope to get the package and not have to wait another day and drive out to the middle of nowhere to their depot...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mikedeezxxx said:

All the package delivery services suck. I live in a suburban area and see there trucks multiple times a day in my neighborhood. They still can’t get it right. I even have problems with putting my usps mail in my own mailbox and it getting to where it’s supposed to go. It’s the lazy drivers who feel superior to all. If there having a bad day, so are the people that are on the delivery route. All service sucks everywhere. I don’t like to go out to eat anymore because I can’t remember the last time I had a good waiter/table service. They just barely give you what you want and than expect a large tip.

****ing so true on the " if there having a bad day, so are the people that are on the delivery route" Also the eating out thing. Its not even enjoyable anymore.

I have had good success from FedEx, UPS, and USPS. But I have also had a couple incidents with all 3 as well where a package didnt get delivered it was visibly damaged. Its kind of a crap shoot no matter which one is used. My latest, even though it did finally get delivered was with USPS. I bought a couple items from a guy on another forum. He only lives about 20 miles away just west of Chicago and had planned on trying a face to face but it was around the holidays and just wasnt going to happen. Solution was to just send via USPS. He sent me the tracking so I could keep an eye out for it. What should have only taken a day or so took a week and made it all the way to Charlotte, NC and back before it ended up at my house on far SW Chicago...

Edited by mikeyk101

I have watched Speedee and Fedex both throw packages out the door of the truck without stopping at the farm.  Latest one was UPS though, sent an ECM to a business an hour down the road (Mpls/St Paul) and it took 3 days to be delivered, one attempt was at 11:30 at night, undeliverable of course...