Anyone running Kirkland Signature 0W-20 oil in their truck?

Looks to be AP SN Plus and Dexos1 Gen2 approved so I would say it's a good oil. Appears to be made by Warren Distribution which I believe makes the AmazonBasics oil and Walmart's SuperTech line. I wouldn't have any issues running it following the OEM intervals. More discussion here over at BITOG: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5283735/1/kirkland-signature-synthetic-oil

• Like 1

I think I paid $30/jug in Canada at Costco for Castrol syn. last time I was there. Just ordered some Amsoil interceptor for my sled so I added two jugs of 5w20 to try. About the same price as Mobil1. Cheap gel batteries at Costco too for those planning to swap your dying OEM batt. 

Looks OK.

Meets spec.

I have been doing research on oil for our new Honda CR V that requires 0W20.

I have decided to use Castrol Edge with Titanium. 

It meets the European ACEA A1/B spec which is a higher standard than our US API.

The ACEA spec is for extended drain intervals and high heat requirements.

Europe is big on extended drain intervals as here its more about gas mileage.

This was my take anyway.

:)

43 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Grumpy?

Any good?

What's your opinion Greek?

I saw this before I thought?

You don't even have to ask him, Amsoil is the only oil that will work in the engine and will last past 50k. Otherwise you can expect failures if you aren't changing it ever 2k miles with anything else. Amsoil prevents failed lifters, DoD damage, spun bearings, AC failures, window motor failures, tires from losing air and so on. 

That should sum it up...

Tyler

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

You don't even have to ask him, Amsoil is the only oil that will work in the engine and will last past 50k. Otherwise you can expect failures if you aren't changing it ever 2k miles with anything else. Amsoil prevents failed lifters, DoD damage, spun bearings, AC failures, window motor failures, tires from losing air and so on. 

That should sum it up...

Tyler
I just wanted the stats on the oil.
We all know that unless you are using Amsoil you're motor will be toast by 50,000 miles [emoji44]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

That should sum it up...

Tyler

Classic!  Exactly what Mr. Amsoil would say...........

1 hour ago, amxguy1970 said:

That should sum it up...

Tyler

1 hour ago, mookdoc6 said:

Classic!  Exactly what Mr. Amsoil would say...........

HAHAHAHA! Love It!

Amsoil is made from angel tears, don't forget...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

Grumpy?

Any good?

What's your opinion Greek?

I saw this before I thought?

Well Jim, as a 'Full Synthetic' it is at least a Group III. Nothing wrong with that. At about $3 a quart it isn't a GTL. I haven't seen a VOA on this product yet but would expect it to be pretty identical to other Warren products. As an SN-Plus it will be lower in calcium and higher in magnesium (LSPI) and will have a 800 ppm cap on Phosphorus. All pretty standard fair. I see nothing there that scares me. 

Now would I run it 7500 miles? Pretty sure everyone knows my stance on that one. :nopity:

You a have a good' n. 

Well Jim, as a 'Full Synthetic' it is at least a Group III. Nothing wrong with that. At about $3 a quart it isn't a GTL. I haven't seen a VOA on this product yet but would expect it to be pretty identical to other Warren products. As an SN-Plus it will be lower in calcium and higher in magnesium (LSPI) and will have a 800 ppm cap on Phosphorus. All pretty standard fair. I see nothing there that scares me. 

Now would I run it 7500 miles? Pretty sure everyone knows my stance on that one. :nopity:

You a have a good' n. 
Kind of what I thought. It's a decent oil especially if you change oil early.
Thanks Grumps

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1