just the positive

Most threads on here are just complaints and negativity which is OK,  but  just to be different this one is only for the thing you really like about your 19+ trucks.

Sooo....

1. Love the power of the new 5.3,  having come from a 2005 the difference is huge

2. Love all the extra room inside the cab

3. The family loves that it has heated rear seats

4. The multi pro tail gate I didn't think I would ever use,  but now wouldn't want to go without it

5.  The increased fuel mileage is great  (about 5 mpg better than the 05)

I could go on but I'll leave some for everybody else?

• Like 1

Love the styling of all these T1 trucks, think that was the biggest improvement.

Excellent features/ value for money in the volume trims and better tech in the high end trims vs the K2.

Much improved driving dynamics, 6.2/ 10 speed is the best powertrain in the biz but even the 5.3/ 8 speed (and now 10 speed) is tuned much better than the previous generation. I couldn’t believe they didn’t add power because the first 19 5.3 I drove was so much faster than my 2016 with the same engine. Extremely responsive and DFM is much less invasive and noticeable than AFM was. Duramax and 2.7T are also intriguing powertrain additions.

Those were the things that stood out to me and compelled me to trade up. But there’s just a ton of little things one could easily forget to mention like rear seat vents and a trailer brake controller in a logical place! Some work left to be done of course, but I think these are great trucks and I can see them getting even better.

1 hour ago, OnTheReel said:

Love the styling of all these T1 trucks, think that was the biggest improvement.

Excellent features/ value for money in the volume trims and better tech in the high end trims vs the K2.

Much improved driving dynamics, 6.2/ 10 speed is the best powertrain in the biz but even the 5.3/ 8 speed (and now 10 speed) is tuned much better than the previous generation. I couldn’t believe they didn’t add power because the first 19 5.3 I drove was so much faster than my 2016 with the same engine. Extremely responsive and DFM is much less invasive and noticeable than AFM was. Duramax and 2.7T are also intriguing powertrain additions.

Those were the things that stood out to me and compelled me to trade up. But there’s just a ton of little things one could easily forget to mention like rear seat vents and a trailer brake controller in a logical place! Some work left to be done of course, but I think these are great trucks and I can see them getting even better.

did they take out the rear seat vents at some point,  my 05 had them

I too came from an 05 but tundra.....the motor is great, love heated wheel and seats (never get another without)

love turning radius, better than tundra and love the better fuel economy....

one of the reasons I got the truck and don't hear much about it is bed space....it is class leading in cargo volume and that's huge for me...love the steps to get into bed, and it drives really nice....easy to see everything around you

also I drove in a rain storm back few months ago and couldn't believe how well it handled the water....I have street Michelins but it was so stable and predictable I was shocked

4 minutes ago, wizard4878 said:

did they take out the rear seat vents at some point,  my 05 had them

Yes, the GMT900 (2007-2013) and K2 (2014-2018) didn't have rear vents. 

Biggest improvement for me is the way the truck drives. I came from a 2016 with the 5.3/6-speed combo, my 2019 5.3/8-speed is just a much smoother powertrain. The shifting is much improved and DFM is seamless compared to AFM on the K2. The steering is also much better, this truck actually feels lighter on its feet than my K2 despite being larger in size. 

I also love the space in the back seat. GM is finally on par with the Ford SuperCrew in interior space. 

I moved up from a 2014 Silverado 1500 to a 2020 Silverado 1500. There's a lot of things that are better. It rides better and is quieter. The inside seems bigger. I love the taller and wider bed.

One thing I'm sure I'll catch some flack about is I like my new 2.7T four cylinder.

I just didn't need a big engine anymore. I'm old and don't pull a trailer or anything anymore.

The 2.7T seems to be plenty powerful and if you didn't know it was a four cylinder you would never guess it. I guarantee you it is quicker of the line than the 5.3 in my 2014.

I'm happy! It's a good truck so far.

I moved up from a 2014 Silverado 1500 to a 2020 Silverado 1500. There's a lot of things that are better. It rides better and is quieter. The inside seems bigger. I love the taller and wider bed.
One thing I'm sure I'll catch some flack about is I like my new 2.7T four cylinder.
I just didn't need a big engine anymore. I'm old and don't pull a trailer or anything anymore.
The 2.7T seems to be plenty powerful and if you didn't know it was a four cylinder you would never guess it. I guarantee you it is quicker of the line than the 5.3 in my 2014.
I'm happy! It's a good truck so far.

I get it. I just left a 3.5 eco boost and loved it for a little while then had dreams about a v8 for most of the 7 years I had it. To each their own. Glad you like the 2.7T. My neighbor just picked up one with the Duramax and it’s awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the 6.2/10spd combo, huge improvement over my old 6.2/8spd combo in my 2015. The cab is definitely quieter also. It rides smoother even with the 22s shorter sidewall. Overall very impressed so far!

I love my 2020 1500 CC std box diesel.  The SLT trim i bought has absolutely every amenity I've wanted in a truck including adaptive cruise.  The interior is enormous and comfortable.  The Multipro tailgate has proven useful a handful of times in the month I've owned it.  The 3.0 Duramax diesel is a fantastic engine that returns a smooth, quite ride with excellent fuel economy.

I've been searching for my "forever" truck for a long time.  In the last 4 years I went from a 2014 Sierra 1500 5.3 CC std box to a 2017 Sierra 1500 6.2 CC short box to a 2013 Tacoma to a 2018 Canyon diesel to the 2020 Sierra.  Its just about perfect!  I've had zero issues in the first 2500 miles I've put on it.

I should be able to tell you how it handles a snowplow later this week!

6.2 w/ 10 sp.  Power and so smooth.

Cabin space is huge.  First truck that I don't have to put the drivers seat all the way back.

Bed is huge.

Love the looks.  Been waiting to get a TB since they announced them.

My last 2 trucks were non GM/Chevy.  It feel good to be home.

11 hours ago, wurgs said:

I love the 6.2/10spd combo, huge improvement over my old 6.2/8spd combo in my 2015. The cab is definitely quieter also. It rides smoother even with the 22s shorter sidewall. Overall very impressed so far!

I seriously want to cast my 6 speed in my 14 to the pits of hell, worst slop box auto i have ever driven in my life! I have almost gone out and spent 50 grand for just that reason only!

22 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Above says it all! Nothing fantastic but a whole bunch of small refinements that you will notice coming from a K1. Oversized driver's assist handle, deeper footholds in the bumper, redesigned running boards, lighted USB ports and door handles, improved functionality and upgradable infotainment system, more pep in the 5.3/8 speed combo, improved steering wheel controls, improved bed lighting, available LED head/tail lighting, available DFM over AFM, increased tranny speeds, larger cab interior, more logical and ergonomic control layout, headlamp on indicator, .....a whole bunch of little refinements that you notice over the months of driving.

• Like 1

For me (coming from a lifetime of Ford's):

-Torque of the 6.2, it's great

-Size of the cabin, interior room is very welcome

-Neat storage bins in the backseat backs

-Overall smoothness of the truck, it's dead silent without my toddler strapped into the backseat ?

-The square shoulders of the hood when driving, feels like a 3/4 ton pickup type presence

-Brightness of the headlights

-Infotainment system is very crisp looking with intuitive controls

-Trick tailgate is more useful than I thought it would be

2020 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4 Premium Plus with the 6.2