2.7l Engine Mods, Please help.

I am just wondering has anyone done ANYTHING to their 4 cylinder, turbo (l3b) engine.  I have scoured a couple forums and it seems as if i have the only 2.7l in the US.  I really want to improve the sound a little bit if possible, and maybe add a little horsepower. I have been debating muffler, cold air intake, or a programmer.   Any ideas or suggestions?? 

Man there is really zero information out there on mods to this 2.7l.   I REALLY wish i could change my mind and get a 5.3l.   So frustrating.  

Has anyone even done a tuner on a 2.7l? And will it void the warranty?

54 minutes ago, teej750 said:

Man there is really zero information out there on mods to this 2.7l.   I REALLY wish i could change my mind and get a 5.3l.   So frustrating.  

Has anyone even done a tuner on a 2.7l? And will it void the warranty?

You know the saying you want to play you got to pay.

A tune might open it up a little when someone gets around to doing it, but most aftermarket when wanting performance simply is not going to get the 4 popper turbo engine which is why you see a lack of anything for it. If your that unhappy see if your dealer might be able to get you into something you want, doesn't make sense paying for something you don't want imo.

• Like 1

You’re pretty much poop out of luck. Getting a cold air intake may even reduce your hp and torque. Your engine is NOT going to like having anything done to it.

If it’s bothering you this much why not think why you bought it in the first place, CAI’s and Exhaust systems will sound idiotic in a 4 cylinder full size truck and have been known to reduce your hp and torque. Even trading it in for a V8 will not guarantee you that you’ll be able to gain any hp through mods. Most aftermarket mods are scams, either tune it which is the most effective option, trade it in or just stop and think why you bought it in the first place versus the bigger V8’s.

There are countless amount of people in these forums asking about the smaller engines that “may” save a mile or two on mpg’s and though are great for towing groceries or a visit to your favorite local home improvement store, they’re not performance trucks.

Sent from Above

Nothing has been released for your engine, you’re most likely going to just have to wait. The new engines are ALL locked down from the manufacturers, you can get a “Throttle Sensitivity Booster” that’s all that’s currently available.

Here’s what’s offered by SuperChips, you can call the sales department and ask them when, what and availability but don’t waste your money on any add ons, you’d be throwing your money away with ZERO added benefits.

https://superchips.com/shop/v/chevrolet/silverado-1500/2019/2-7l-turbo-new-body/

Sent from Above

I would really not be in any hurry to void my powertrain warranty modding a totally new engine design anyway. If you got that kind of money to potentially light on fire, trade the truck for a 6.2.

You’re correct, even the new engines are
NOT programmable.

Sent from Above

The 5.3 and 6.2 are but it'll cost you $2,000 to do it.

Although my 6.2 has no shortness at takeoff or top end, when and if the time comes, I’d still rather pay someone that plus to rebuild it and make my current 8 speed bomb proof. I currently have 31K miles and a full factory 100k mile warranty. My service manager warned me not to let anyone tamper with my transmission, I told him that I don’t think anyone would want to lol.

Sent from Above

Seems they already pulled out all the stops on the high tech stuff and kludges you can throw on a tiny engine to maximize performance.

At the point where you can't beat the hamster any harder to spin the wheel faster without crippling him. Can't get a hamster to do the work of a rat.

Seems they already pulled out all the stops on the high tech stuff and kludges you can throw on a tiny engine to maximize performance.

At the point where you can't beat the hamster any harder to spin the wheel faster without crippling him. Can't get a hamster to do the work of a rat.

You’ve got a thing about rodents don’t you lol, kidding. That’s what most people do, find excuses to buy a 4banger, inform everyone on just how wonderful they ride and great power “for what they need it for” and later, this!

Sent from Above