Coronavirus

KARNUT

Well you’re right it’s probably run it’s course. If I’m threatening and have to be reported or my response gets deleted. It’s time for me to go. I never even had to go to the principals office in high school. Back to oil change threads.

It's not what you may say, it's often what you quote from someone else. If you quote something that has to be removed, then your response is generally removed as well. Understand? I had a minute and have edited some posts and they've been restored.

The thread may have run it's course, but the subject will run until a vaccine.  People should leave their personal feelings out of forums and usually it's enough to keep Mods out.  Hard to do though when a subject impacts all, differently.

Common courtesy of not calling names is usually pretty easy thing to do.

Reading a story this week about a church that did one last service in March before shutting down. Lunch and cake afterwards for someone's birthday. Followed all the guidelines at the time around social distancing, gloves, limited people handling food and whatnot. 24 of the 40-some-odd people there ended up infected and two died. 

Our church has decided to stay closed until the fall because we felt weird saying "we're open but certain people aren't welcome because we're concerned about their safety". But we've been able to post our services online so most people shouldn't be too affected as long as they have an internet connection. I haven't minded doing committee meetings from home on Zoom rather than having to go out. 

Our church is small enough, it won't be a problem for people to distance themselves from others. Main thing is, stay away from the hugging and handshaking. When I'm in town, I've always had hand sanitizer with me to use after shaking hands. My wife got me in the habit of the sanitizer long ago. Have to say she never caught a cold or the flu in all the time we were together, took a brain aneurysm to get her. :)

Edited by txab
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Reading a story this week about a church that did one last service in March before shutting down. Followed all the guidelines at the time around social distancing, gloves, limited people handling food and whatnot.

Been always taught church is where you're speaking and hearing the Word, didn't need a building to have church.  But even if you're being smart or not, there's nowhere you can't get the virus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Zip said:

Been always taught church is where you're speaking and hearing the Word, didn't need a building to have church.  But even if you're being smart or not, there's nowhere you can't get the virus.

Fully agreed. The other challenge is that with an older congregation there are inevitably some folks who don't have the technology to watch the services online. But those would be the same folks who should probably stay home if we were to open the building so there's not much we can do for them right now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Fully agreed. The other challenge is that with an older congregation there are inevitably some folks who don't have the technology to watch the services online. But those would be the same folks who should probably stay home if we were to open the building so there's not much we can do for them right now. 

You are correct with older folks. Although my 90 yr old mother has the tech, we have church together every time we talk.  Even if there is a vaccine, she probably won't take it.  So it will be a matter of when we're comfortable when she goes out.  

• Like 1

People just want the option to go!!!

Everyone by now is aware of who’s at risk, social distancing guidelines, etc. We can’t be trusted to go to church without getting sick?

Amazing how stupid our leaders think we are. And I guess we are stupid for letting for letting them steal all of our liberties in just two months time. That to me is scarier than the virus! What good is the constitution anymore?

• Like 1

Now fauci is saying to start opening up because if not it may cause more issues but just last week he was saying the opposite. They’re also saying surface contact is not as bad as they thought. So they could say whatever and they think everyone will just nod their heads with jaws open? This is why they’re are soo many skeptics. The numbers and facts have been skewed since day one. And even day one is a lie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, txab said:

Our church is small enough, it won't be a problem for people to distance themselves from others. Main thing is, stay away from the hugging and handshaking. When I'm in town, I've always had hand sanitizer with me to use after shaking hands. My wife got me in the habit of the sanitizer long ago. Have to say she never caught a cold or the flu in all the time we were together, took a brain aneurysm to get her. :)

Sorry for your loss.

4 hours ago, txab said:

Common courtesy of not calling names is usually pretty easy thing to do.

Going to have to ask around, and get back to you on that one.....

2 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

Now fauci is saying to start opening up because if not it may cause more issues but just last week he was saying the opposite. They’re also saying surface contact is not as bad as they thought. So they could say whatever and they think everyone will just nod their heads with jaws open? This is why they’re are soo many skeptics. The numbers and facts have been skewed since day one. And even day one is a lie

New information. When we first learned about the virus, we thought it might be able to live on certain surfaces for relatively long periods of time. Now that we have more data,  we know that may not be the case. Scientific hypotheses are continually being refined as we learn more about our world. We're all human. Can't fault anyone for not immediately knowing everything about a new subject or for making mistakes and learning from them. 

• Like 3

Should we even trust this new info either? This virus was studied in a lab that was funded by Bill gates and dr fauci for the past couple of years. Sorry I’m a bit skeptic. They know more than the lead us to believe.

6 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

New information. When we first learned about the virus, we thought it might be able to live on certain surfaces for relatively long periods of time. Now that we have more data,  we know that may not be the case. Scientific hypotheses are continually being refined as we learn more about our world. We're all human. Can't fault anyone for not immediately knowing everything about a new subject or for making mistakes and learning from them. 

That's the problem, most people don't fully understand how a hypothesis works and that over time it can and most likely will change.  I like to compare it to an operating system for your cell phone.  The first version works well but has a few issues, and we don't realize that until we've had enough time to gather data.  Then you get an update and it works even better.  Continuous updates based upon collected data.  

• Like 3