Coronavirus

KARNUT

There are a lot of conflicting/hypocritical comments and actions surrounding Covid19 and it tales a lot of reasoning or common sense to guide your actions.  There continues to be many strong views expressed in the media and in this thread that reflect a diversity of influences and perceptions.  It is easy to find a contradiction or inaccuracy but this doesn't nullify the threat.  I find it ironic when low infection numbers are used to criticize and/or ignore safe practices.   Or, individuals choose to defy safe behaviors because of political beliefs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Donstar said:

There are a lot of conflicting/hypocritical comments and actions surrounding Covid19 and it tales a lot of reasoning or common sense to guide your actions.  There continues to be many strong views expressed in the media and in this thread that reflect a diversity of influences and perceptions.  It is easy to find a contradiction or inaccuracy but this doesn't nullify the threat.  I find it ironic when low infection numbers are used to criticize and/or ignore safe practices.   Or, individuals choose to defy safe behaviors because of political beliefs. 

Would you do me the favour and put this in writing for everyone to read? ?

so long

j-ten-ner

• Like 3

Questioning the effectiveness of what the masses consider to be safe practices does not mean disregarding safe behavior.

Yesterday I went to the Wendy’s drive thru and viewed one of these newfangled “safe practices”. The cashier held a bin out the window to put my debit card in. And after they dug it out and swiped it, they put it back in the bin and I had to scoop it out. Several hundred people that day had brushed their fingers into the same bin while digging their dirty change and cards out of it. Yeah, that makes sense...literally expose the cashier’s hand, my hand and my debit card to thousands more germs than if we just exchanged currency directly and the cashier washed hands at reasonable intervals.

Masks are another thing that I wonder if they are doing more harm than good. Almost nobody wears them correctly...constantly dicking around with the uncomfortable straps, in effect touching their faces repeatedly with dirty hands. Pulling them down to cough or sneeze (yes, I’ve seen this!), pulling them down to talk anyway, re-using them for days at a time, littering germ-filled used masks in the parking lots of stores for someone else to pick up, etc.

Also a good chance that the people who wear them feel a false sense of security, take more chances, and ignore other more effective ways to prevent getting the virus. The motorcycle helmet effect. 

The initial guidelines were very reasonable. Medically proven, common sense, easy for everyone to follow. Things most of us did anyway.

396B2A10-07D1-4BD2-A147-E1557D4B94A1.thumb.png.d224286c491555279caf4a4c328715b3.png

Edited by OnTheReel
  • Like 3

I’m surprised this thread is still going. I was informed it wasn’t going to be. This will be my last post on this thread. I started the thread so I’m giving my final thoughts on it. I stand by my original post. Como is proving my point. He’s holding NY hostage. He can’t open without money from the feds. California too. If you do a little research you can find who had the most deaths and where. Totally preventable. And it was prevented in Florida, not New York, Why? Doctors are changing the minds if the shut down was needed and whether there will be a second wave. The cure is worse than the bug and will be felt for a long time. Will there be a second wave? You bet. It’s called the flu. If the blue people had protected the elderly this could have been less fatal. It was easy to predict who was most vulnerable. Remember where it was started? Hysteria was more news worthy. I hope the over 40 million of you and your family gets through this. That domino effect isn’t over yet. That’s it good luck.

• Like 4

One thing's for sure.   Well I just forgot what that one thing was, so I wasn't very sure :(

So I won't raise my hand :(

Edited by Colossus

On 5/27/2020 at 1:37 PM, Thejet07 said:

Tell that to politically influenced doctors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah not much truth going around about this virus it seems, to me with the current state this last week my advice to business about to go under is open and tell your mayor, governor and anyone else in that state that willingly issues permits for ten's of thousands to essentially not even distance 6 inches apart nor wear mask, tell these politicians to go #@#@ themselves. They don't follow federal laws with immigration, they don't make protesters follow even the slightest bit of rules regarding this what seems like a fake made up over hyped pandemic now ,so screw em and open up if you so choose to!

8/6/1945 Hiroshima Japan 70,000 civilian dead in direct blast. 

8/9/1945 Nagasaki Japan 40,000 civilian dead in direct blast. 

110,000 instant blast dead got the worlds attention. (total deaths estimated as high as 226,000 from all effects over time) 

393,000 Covid-19 world wide so far and it's conspiracy, poly-tics, lies and "Fake News" 

Over 110K in the USA alone and it's "just a cold"

:crackup:

Wait...Hiroshima/Nagasaki were fake news

Never happened

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 8:57 PM, Thejet07 said:

So with all these looters in close contact do you think cases are gonna go up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason I kinda hope those people do get it!

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 10:22 AM, OnTheReel said:

After the ruling, the governor referred to us as the “Wild West” and predicted a huge surge in cases with being open with his order no longer in place. 2 weeks later, no increase whatsoever. Active cases and positive test % are down, in fact. Hospitalizations are flat. Haven’t gone under 300, or over 400 in months.

Well, media and public officials are back at it again, predicting a massive increase in cases due to people enjoying their freedom over the weekend. If this thread still exists in two weeks, I’ll quote this post and update the figures...think you know where this is going.

2 weeks later after everyone was supposed to die from enjoying Memorial Day...

https://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/2020/06/08/wisconsin-coronavirus-no-new-deaths-state-reports-203-more-cases/5317894002/

Less than 3% positive tests, 1 week low. 322 hospitalizations, which is actually less than 2 weeks ago when I wrote that post. No spikes, no problems. Even amid mass protests (riots) in the COVID “hotbed” Milwaukee. Even amid some of the busiest retail stores, parks, beaches I’ve ever seen.

Time for some people to re-assess rather than ignore new developments when they don’t match what they expected. Or don’t match what the media & experts told them would happen. The lockdowns did nothing (nothing good anyway). The death count is drastically inflated. Asymptomatic spread is more or less a myth. Surface transmission is very difficult. And those virtue signal masks still don’t do a damn thing. Source: WHO